Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
TAEASS401B, TAEASS402B, TAEASS403B, TAEDEL301A, TAEDEL401A, TAEDEL402A, TAEDES401A, TAEDES402A, TAELLN411, BSBCMM401A
watch this space
Please note as of 5 November 2017 the qualification TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment has been superseded. It is being replaced with the new version of the qualification TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Pinnacle Safety and Training are currently developing our TAE40116 program and once this is ready, we will be updating this page with all the details, including our first dates for you to book in and get started. Watch this space!
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110), which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Qualification is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation (imported elective)
8 days face-to-face in the classroom over a two week period*.
* Public holidays may change which days your course runs; please contact us for details if your course runs through a public holiday period.
- $1995 pp for public courses.
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) is a qualification which is highly valued by many employers and organisations. By obtaining this qualification you will develop the competencies necessary to perform the duties of a workplace and vocational trainer and assessor. Achievement of this qualification or an equivalent by trainers and assessors is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO). Students should be aware that this course focuses on delivering training within the VET (vocational education and training) environment. Students will also be able to apply this knowledge to a corporate industry training environment.
Why do your TAE with Pinnacle?
- Like all our programs, our TAE program aims to get you in, teach you what you need to know as efficiently as possible, and allow you to walk away with a qualification.
- Unlike other providers, we don't string you along with copious post-course assessments.
- With our program, if you are able to complete the work required and demonstrate competency, at the end of the two weeks you will receive your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110).
What will I learn?
- Skills to become an awesome Trainer and Assessor in the vocational education and training sector.
- Understanding and applying the ADDIE model of instructional design.
- Developing training sessions to engage your audience.
- Exploring and applying a vast array of facilitation techniques.
- Learning how to really unpack a unit of competence.
- Understanding what competency based training is all about.
- Developing assessment tools against the principles of assessment and rules of evidence.
- An introduction to managing language literacy and numeracy whilst preparing for and conducting your training sessions.
Is it hard?
- In order to meet the aim of getting you qualified in a short timeframe, our course is intensive!
- That means we pack a lot into each day, and you will have homework to do at night!
- There are no shortcuts to success. Hard work and dedication over the two week program is required.
- This course will not suit those who want a casual approach to learning taking place over several months.
- You will have access to highly skilled and motivated Trainers and Assessors who have been in the VET training and assessment environment for many years. They will offer you an interactive, engaging and supportive learning environment.
Where could I go with a Pinnacle TAE qualification?
Job roles associated with this qualification relate to the delivery of training and assessment of competence within the VET sector. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Enterprise trainer
- Enterprise assessor
- Registered training organisation (RTO) trainer
- RTO assessor
- Training adviser or training needs analyst
- Vocational education teacher.
- You will complete a mandatory pre-course survey.
- Upon enrolment you will be provided with access to an online learning resource.
- There will be some pre-reading and assessment for you to complete before attending the face-to-face training (up to 4 hours).
- You will be able to engage with other learners, have discussions, and ask questions.
- The first week is five days face-to-face in the classroom with an expert teacher.
- You will have homework tasks to complete each night. Remember, this is an intensive course!
- The second week is three days face-to-face
- If you have completed all assessment tasks satisfactorily during the program, there is no post-course assessment. Beware other providers who withhold your certification while making you complete a host of tasks after the course has finished.
For a comprehensive breakdown of the course, download our TAE Course Guide (pdf).
As part of your enrolment you will be provided with a well-known and respected training and assessment textbook Training in Australia valued at $80. Training in Australia examines the impact of important developments in the training industry and the many changes this brings to the workplace. By finding the right mix of enthusiasm, content, techniques and approaches, Training in Australia continues to make the path to training excellence a little clearer for all. The edition you will be provided with has been updated and revised to include coverage of the TAE10 Training and Education Training Package and reviewing the Standards for Registered Training Organisations.
This textbook will be referenced throughout your course and will serve as a future reference. Please remember to bring this textbook with you on your training days.
Each Trainee Must Provide
To be successful in this course you need to:
- Provide your own laptop computer
- Complete the mandatory Pre-Course Survey
- Have a strong level of computer literacy skills. Your assignments will be conducted on a computer, and if you do not have a suitable level of computer experience, you will not be able to complete the course in the timeframe allotted.
- Be confident navigating with web browsers.
- Have the skills to compile electronic documents using software applications (word processing and PowerPoint presentations).
- Be able to conduct research and present information.
- Be confident in speaking in front of a group – or at least willing to give it a go.
- If English is a second language, you will need to complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) questionnaire. Contact us to discuss.
watch this space