Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Confined Space Consulting at Swanbank Power Station
Bulk Flyash Grout Pty Ltd have been awarded the contract to address issues of subsidence in the Swanbank Power Station area. Void spaces in the earth can lead to collapse of the groud and lead to destruction of property and safety issues.
Bulk Flyash Grout Pty Ltd will use flowable fill technology which is a method of using a fly ash (a by-product of coal fired power stations) slurry to fill the void spaces and stabilise the earth.
Flowable fill includes a family of products usually consisting of water, fly ash, portland cement, and sometimes, coarse or fine aggregates, or both. Flowable fill is an engineered, strength controlled, fill material that is self-leveling, self-compacting and non-settling.
Pinnacle have been engaged to provide expert confined space consulting in the form of:
- Direct consulting in the risk management process
- Work site inspections
- Design and supply of legislative documentation i.e. safe work method statements (SWMS), rescue plans and permit system
- The provision of a Standby Rescue Service.
- Don’t throw out your certificate
- New Enterprise Training and Assessment course provides excellent opportunity for new trainers to kick off their career
- Industry news - Changes to Queensland asbestos regulation
- Is your first aid training up to date?
- Protect yourself and your workmates from the risks associated with silica exposure
Your trainer Tim provided excellent instruction and all my team said it was the best training course they had ever done. Excellent outcome, well done!