Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Confined Space Consulting at Swanbank Power Station
Bulk Flyash Grout Pty Ltd have been awarded the contract to address issues of subsidence in the Swanbank Power Station area. Void spaces in the earth can lead to collapse of the groud and lead to destruction of property and safety issues.
Bulk Flyash Grout Pty Ltd will use flowable fill technology which is a method of using a fly ash (a by-product of coal fired power stations) slurry to fill the void spaces and stabilise the earth.
Flowable fill includes a family of products usually consisting of water, fly ash, portland cement, and sometimes, coarse or fine aggregates, or both. Flowable fill is an engineered, strength controlled, fill material that is self-leveling, self-compacting and non-settling.
Pinnacle have been engaged to provide expert confined space consulting in the form of:
- Direct consulting in the risk management process
- Work site inspections
- Design and supply of legislative documentation i.e. safe work method statements (SWMS), rescue plans and permit system
- The provision of a Standby Rescue Service.
- Pinnacle introduces a new course for road transport supply chain workers
- IRATA rope access bookings now open
- Updated WHS Qualification - BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Updated Diploma of WHS Qualification - BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Pinnacle’s Regional Managers cook for a cause
Mike was very good. Very good in terms of acknowledging how new I was to this industry. He also allowed additional time with me prior to the assessment to practice my practical training to ensure my competence.