Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Confined Space Consulting at Swanbank Power Station
Bulk Flyash Grout Pty Ltd have been awarded the contract to address issues of subsidence in the Swanbank Power Station area. Void spaces in the earth can lead to collapse of the groud and lead to destruction of property and safety issues.
Bulk Flyash Grout Pty Ltd will use flowable fill technology which is a method of using a fly ash (a by-product of coal fired power stations) slurry to fill the void spaces and stabilise the earth.
Flowable fill includes a family of products usually consisting of water, fly ash, portland cement, and sometimes, coarse or fine aggregates, or both. Flowable fill is an engineered, strength controlled, fill material that is self-leveling, self-compacting and non-settling.
Pinnacle have been engaged to provide expert confined space consulting in the form of:
- Direct consulting in the risk management process
- Work site inspections
- Design and supply of legislative documentation i.e. safe work method statements (SWMS), rescue plans and permit system
- The provision of a Standby Rescue Service.
- Important information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Interested in becoming a VET Trainer?
- How to access your training record
- Celebrating our firefighting hero
- Independent body reports strong results for Pinnacle students
Dane the instructor was pretty easy going which set a pretty relaxed learning environment, thus making it a lot easier to take in the info and procedures for the practical. I felt pretty confident going into my practical test and passed first go. Dane was a excellent instructor and a top bloke. I will definitely be using Pinnacle for future courses. Thank you for the training.