Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Difficult access work in a huge chimney for Bechtel
After building our relationship with Bechtel by conducting Work at Heights training for more than 1,000 staff, we’ve now been able to assist with their rope access needs as well.
In June 2011, Bechtel engaged Pinnacle Rope Access to assist with a difficult height access task. On their site at Yarwun 2, a flue within a large chimney stack required aligning and bolting/fixing, however Bechtel had no on-site methodology to complete the task. No crane cage could access the area.
We provided a 2-man expert rope access team (including advanced rigger) to safety gain access the area using rope access methods, assess the scope of works and actually conduct the needed repairs.
Not only was this a safe, best practise way to conduct this work, it was also extremely cost effective for Bechtel.
- Important information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Interested in becoming a VET Trainer?
- How to access your training record
- Celebrating our firefighting hero
- Independent body reports strong results for Pinnacle students