Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Eildon Reservoir Upgrade: Complete management of Confined Space Operations
Pinnacle were contracted by Queensland Urban Utilities and Brisbane City Works to manage all confined space operations of the Eildon Reservoir Upgrade.
- Over seven months project timeframe
- Underground reservoir at Windsor, 100+ years old
- Still provided water to major inner city area
- Remedial works required
- Major construction works
- Strengthening roof structure etc.
We provided total site management including:
- Wrote management plans for the site
- Controlled site inductions
- Wrote all daily permits
- Ensured all work was done with lowest risk profile possible
- Conducted all gas testing
- Designed system to control locks and isolation
- Provided standby personnel
- Monitored all entry and exits (up to 16-20 workers in the confined space at any one time)
- Conducted regular evacuation drills and rescue manoeuvres
- Zero Harm: No incidents or accidents over entire project
- Don’t throw out your certificate
- New Enterprise Training and Assessment course provides excellent opportunity for new trainers to kick off their career
- Industry news - Changes to Queensland asbestos regulation
- Is your first aid training up to date?
- Protect yourself and your workmates from the risks associated with silica exposure
Great course! Seriously, I think every workplace should put staff through this, while it is particularly beneficial for construction - it really is relevant to all industries. Staff (as always) were lovely! The content itself was interesting, interactive, relevant, factual and easy to understand. Thank you for another great course, I look forward to my next one with Pinnacle!