Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Eildon Reservoir Upgrade: Complete management of Confined Space Operations
Pinnacle were contracted by Queensland Urban Utilities and Brisbane City Works to manage all confined space operations of the Eildon Reservoir Upgrade.
- Over seven months project timeframe
- Underground reservoir at Windsor, 100+ years old
- Still provided water to major inner city area
- Remedial works required
- Major construction works
- Strengthening roof structure etc.
We provided total site management including:
- Wrote management plans for the site
- Controlled site inductions
- Wrote all daily permits
- Ensured all work was done with lowest risk profile possible
- Conducted all gas testing
- Designed system to control locks and isolation
- Provided standby personnel
- Monitored all entry and exits (up to 16-20 workers in the confined space at any one time)
- Conducted regular evacuation drills and rescue manoeuvres
- Zero Harm: No incidents or accidents over entire project
- Protect yourself and your workmates from the risks associated with silica exposure
- Understanding Chain of Responsibility
- Looking for a career change?
- Minimise manual handling risks for your employees and workmates
- How to choose an online course
The Tower Rescue training was great! I enjoyed every minute! Our trainer Gordon was friendly, helpful with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I also liked the simulated rescue scenarios complete with mock blood! These scenes made me, and the other students really think about what an emergency rescue might involve and steps needed to perform an effective and efficient rescue. Thinking of getting into Rope Access! Highly recommended!