Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Eildon Reservoir Upgrade: Complete management of Confined Space Operations
Pinnacle were contracted by Queensland Urban Utilities and Brisbane City Works to manage all confined space operations of the Eildon Reservoir Upgrade.
- Over seven months project timeframe
- Underground reservoir at Windsor, 100+ years old
- Still provided water to major inner city area
- Remedial works required
- Major construction works
- Strengthening roof structure etc.
We provided total site management including:
- Wrote management plans for the site
- Controlled site inductions
- Wrote all daily permits
- Ensured all work was done with lowest risk profile possible
- Conducted all gas testing
- Designed system to control locks and isolation
- Provided standby personnel
- Monitored all entry and exits (up to 16-20 workers in the confined space at any one time)
- Conducted regular evacuation drills and rescue manoeuvres
- Zero Harm: No incidents or accidents over entire project
- Considering a career in rescue and emergency response?
- Don’t risk prosecution
- Want to get off the tools?
- Don’t throw out your certificate
- New Enterprise Training and Assessment course provides excellent opportunity for new trainers to kick off their career
Kevin was an outstanding trainer. I wish other training facilitators were this professional and supportive. He conducted the class in a way that enabled us to absorb a lot of info in a short amount of time. It was a serious course and if you consider safety a priority, then I highly recommend Pinnacle. Thanks.