Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Funded training available for 2018-19
Pinnacle are excited to announce that funding is available for certain courses for the 2018-19 period. This funding comes via Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) and for this reason it is only available to certain Queensland-based individuals or companies that meet certain eligibility criteria.
Please note funding is not available for all courses. Before applying, we encourage you to give us a call on 1300 990 810 to discuss the funded training options you may be eligible for.
Funding is currently available for the following courses:
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) Funding Eligibility Criteria:
- Currently employed or self-employed eligible* worker in the building and construction industry in Queensland, a currently unemployed eligible* worker in the building and construction industry; must be
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen;
- A permanent resident of Australia;
- A refugee and humanitarian visa holder
*Please note that individuals who perform work in the building and construction industry in a managerial, clerical, professional or ancillary capacity under the Building and Construction Industry (Portable Long Service Leave) Act 1991.
Applicants must NOT have previously attained the unit of competency they are claiming. For example, in the case of Work Safely at Heights, applicants who have previously attained RIIOHS204A - Work safely at heights considered eligible, whereas applicants who have previously attained RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights because this is the current unit of competency delivered in the training.
Please note that additional eligibility requirements and geographic restrictions do apply, and these are outlined in the online application form.
How to apply - Step 1
If you believe you meet the above eligibility criteria and would like to be considered for a funded enrolment, please prepare and scan your documentation (see below) which will be required to be attached to your online application. Three separate PDF files (one for part A, B and C respectively) will be required.
A) Proof of Australian residency - A colour copy of one (1) of the following is required:
- Green Medicare Card
- Birth certificate
- Current Australian or New Zealand Passport
- Refugee/Humanatarian Visa (457 Visa not eligible)
B) Proof of Queensland residency - A colour copy of one (1) of the following is required:
- Queensland Drivers Licence - copies of both front and back required
- Telephone account
- Bank statement
- Statement of real estate agent
- Any other formal documentation stating full name and current residential address.
C) Proof of employment status - One (1) of the following is required:
- Employer confirmation letter on company letterhead [download template here ] or a current pay slip.
- Self-employment confirmation letter on company letterhead with ABN and role title included [download this template ]. You must also include an invoice of recent work conducted as evidence of working within the last month.
- Evidence of unemployment - separation certificate, letter of termination or a statutory declaration [download this template ].
Funded enrolment applications cannot be assessed until the above documentation is provided with your completed application.
How to apply - Step 2
Once your documentation is scanned, please scroll down and complete the following online funding application form.
Applications must be received no later than seven business days after course completion.
Terms and Conditions
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) provides Pinnacle Safety and Training the following level of funding per unit of competency for eligible participants. RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights - $225; RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces - $300; RIIHAN301D Operate elevating work platform - $180; CPCCDE3014A Remove non friable asbestos - $225; CPCCDE3015A Remove friable asbestos - $225; CPCCBC4051A Supervise asbestos removal - $225; TLILIC0005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) - $225; ARAAL2 & ARAAL3 ARAA Rope Access Level 2 and Level 3 - $270; WHSQHSRNCB01 Workplace health and safety representative (WHSQ short course – non accredited) - $240; Asbestos General Awareness - $150; UETTDRRF06B - Perform rescue from a live LV panel - $50; MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres - $202; TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor - $240. Prospective students will pay the full course fee, and if eligible for funding, will receive the applicable rebate amount which shall not exceed Pinnacle’s RRP of the course. These terms and conditions are in effect from 17 September 2018, and apply to all applications received from 17 September 2018 onwards until further notice. The CSQ funding contract period runs from 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2019. Students may only apply for funding in the same contract period as the training they undertook. Because funding is limited by CSQ, Pinnacle Safety and Training reserves the right to cease offering rebates at our discretion. Pinnacle Safety and Training assesses eligibility for funding based on strict stipulations by CSQ. Decisions on funding eligibility are final.
- New training facility to benefit WA businesses
- Funded training available for 2018-19
- Careers at Pinnacle
- Workshop: Tripods and Powered Winches in Rope Access
- Direct Entry Opportunities for ARAA and IRATA into SPRAT - November 2016
I just want to say this was my first experience with Pinnacle Safety and Training and Sebastian was one of the best trainers I’ve ever had. I’ve done a few courses and plan on doing my Vertical Rescue with Pinnacle.