Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
How to learn effectively at home
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, people are spending more time at home.
Many are choosing to use this time to learn a new skill, pursue a new career direction or update their knowledge via online study options.
Online learning is a very different experience to being in a classroom. Here are five tips to help you get the most from your online course.
1. Set aside a dedicated learning space that is free of distractions
Ensure you have a good ergonomic workspace, put your phone on silent and turn off the Netflix.
2. Ensure you have a reliable internet connection
3. Don’t be afraid to ask for help
Use the tools provided by your training provider (such as forums and email) to communicate with your trainer.
4. Plan your time and set goals for your online learning sessions
Different online courses have different workloads. Make sure you know how much time is required for your course and schedule time in your calendar accordingly. For more extensive courses, it may be useful to set study goals, for example, to complete a certain number of course modules each week.
5. Take study breaks
Take regular short breaks away from your computer.
For more information about Pinnacle’s online courses, please click here.
- Considering a career in rescue and emergency response?
- Don’t risk prosecution
- Want to get off the tools?
- Don’t throw out your certificate
- New Enterprise Training and Assessment course provides excellent opportunity for new trainers to kick off their career
Friendly and informative learning environment. I completed my Working at Heights course, half online and half face to face, and valued the knowledge and confidence I obtained through the Pinnacle process. Recommend to anyone needing to do a course within the industry.