Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
How to learn effectively at home
As a result of the coronavirus pandemic, people are spending more time at home.
Many are choosing to use this time to learn a new skill, pursue a new career direction or update their knowledge via online study options.
Online learning is a very different experience to being in a classroom. Here are five tips to help you get the most from your online course.
1. Set aside a dedicated learning space that is free of distractions
Ensure you have a good ergonomic workspace, put your phone on silent and turn off the Netflix.
2. Ensure you have a reliable internet connection
3. Don’t be afraid to ask for help
Use the tools provided by your training provider (such as forums and email) to communicate with your trainer.
4. Plan your time and set goals for your online learning sessions
Different online courses have different workloads. Make sure you know how much time is required for your course and schedule time in your calendar accordingly. For more extensive courses, it may be useful to set study goals, for example, to complete a certain number of course modules each week.
5. Take study breaks
Take regular short breaks away from your computer.
For more information about Pinnacle’s online courses, please click here.
- How to choose an online course
- How to learn effectively at home
- Community service announcement – Beware of dodgy White Card training
- Work Safely at Heights now available as a blended online theory + half day practical course
- Important information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
Jack was an excellent trainer with excellent knowledge across all areas of WHS. He was friendly, easy to understand and very personable. All these qualities helped me to get through the course and gain my qualification. I would highly recommend Pinnacle to my friends and work colleagues.