Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Training Bechtel’s Emergency Response Team
Over four days in August, we were on-site at Bechtel’s facility in Yarwun to provide Vertical Rescue training to the Emergency Response team.
There were 10 volunteer members of the team in attendance, and our trainer said they posessed excellent medical and procedural knowledge, and were extremely keen and enthusiastic.
Our trainers are some of the most well-trained and experienced technicians in Australia. This real-world experience allows us to focus our training on authentic, likely rescue scenarios. Pick-off rescues, gotcha-kit rescues, hauling systems, stretcher rescues in difficult vertical and constricted terrain - they did it all! The skills the team acquired over the four days stands them in good stead to be able to respond to difficult access emergencies throughout the plant.
It’s all about keeping your mates safe!
- Pinnacle introduces a new course for road transport supply chain workers
- IRATA rope access bookings now open
- Updated WHS Qualification - BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Updated Diploma of WHS Qualification - BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Pinnacle’s Regional Managers cook for a cause
Mike was very good. Very good in terms of acknowledging how new I was to this industry. He also allowed additional time with me prior to the assessment to practice my practical training to ensure my competence.