Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Training for Bechtel’s Gladstone workers
Bechtel have been awarded the contract for three major, multi-billion LNG plants in the Gladstone region.
- Australia Pacific LNG (Curtis Island): 18,600 direct and indirect jobs nationally during the four peak years of construction (2012 to 2015)
- Gladstone Liquefied Natural Gas Project (GLNG): 6,000 new jobs
- Queensland Curtis LNG: 3,000-4,000 construction jobs and 800 permanent positions
As you can imagine, the challenge with so many new employees coming on board on these major projects is ensuring consistency, quality and currency of employee and contractor safety training.
On 10 November 2011, Bechtel engaged Pinnacle to conduct work at heights and confined space entry training for 24 of their staff including safety, engineering, general construction and electrical trades. We tailored the training to meet Bechtel’s needs including special reference to their site procedures.
We ran the training from our brand new training facility in Gladstone.
- Pinnacle introduces a new course for road transport supply chain workers
- IRATA rope access bookings now open
- Updated WHS Qualification - BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Updated Diploma of WHS Qualification - BSB51319 Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Pinnacle’s Regional Managers cook for a cause
The two guys assigned to the job could not have been more thorough and helpful. They are very experienced and know the requirements of entry to the letter of the law. Very impressed.