Pinnacle Safety and Training Blog
Training for Bechtel’s Gladstone workers
Bechtel have been awarded the contract for three major, multi-billion LNG plants in the Gladstone region.
- Australia Pacific LNG (Curtis Island): 18,600 direct and indirect jobs nationally during the four peak years of construction (2012 to 2015)
- Gladstone Liquefied Natural Gas Project (GLNG): 6,000 new jobs
- Queensland Curtis LNG: 3,000-4,000 construction jobs and 800 permanent positions
As you can imagine, the challenge with so many new employees coming on board on these major projects is ensuring consistency, quality and currency of employee and contractor safety training.
On 10 November 2011, Bechtel engaged Pinnacle to conduct work at heights and confined space entry training for 24 of their staff including safety, engineering, general construction and electrical trades. We tailored the training to meet Bechtel’s needs including special reference to their site procedures.
We ran the training from our brand new training facility in Gladstone.
- Don’t throw out your certificate
- New Enterprise Training and Assessment course provides excellent opportunity for new trainers to kick off their career
- Industry news - Changes to Queensland asbestos regulation
- Is your first aid training up to date?
- Protect yourself and your workmates from the risks associated with silica exposure
With the quality of training and positive reinforcement from the trainer I have happily recommended to my employer that all our employees be trained at this facility for all courses required in the future.