No region selected
Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A)
Face to Face
Designed for anyone who is required to manage or remove friable asbestos in Australia.
|Location (Regional VIC)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment, nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
This certification enables commercial operators to meet the training requirements for applying to the relevant State Authority for a Class A (Friable) asbestos removal licence.
National unit of competency
- CPCCDE3015 - Remove friable asbestos
1 day (allow approximately 8 hours)
Asbestos-related disease has killed thousands of Australians. Australia and the UK have the highest rates of asbestos-related death in the world. Asbestos is highly toxic, causing a range of lung diseases that are slow to develop but in many cases deadly. While its use is now completely prohibited, there is a growing need to safely dispose of asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM).
Friable asbestos materials are more dangerous than non-friable asbestos and include asbestos that is in a powder form, crumbled, pulverised or reduced to powder (can crumble easily with hand pressure).
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM) and asbestos containing dust/debris (ACD). The course includes preparing for friable asbestos removal, constructing enclosures, removing friable ACM, air and health monitoring requirements, and includes decontamination and disposal requirements.
Pinnacle Safety and Training will use any asbestos containing material during this training program, however realistic simulation is used.
Our nationally recognised one-day remove friable asbestos course is designed for a worker who is required to manage or remove friable asbestos containing material (ACM) in Australia. The course includes preparing, enclosing and removing friable ACM, and knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements. This training course is taught by experienced instructors who will outline theory and practical scenarios that are relevant to your work site. This training course is very hands on with at least 50% of the time allotted to the practical aspects of operating in an asbestos-contaminated worksite.
- Legislative requirements and compliance
- Licensing requirements
- Hazards of asbestos and health effects
- Planning and preparing for asbestos removal
- Completion of risk assessment, asbestos registers and management plans
- Full enclosure setup, testing and removal
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Decontamination of workers, plant and equipment (three phase process)
- Correct asbestos disposal techniques
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Training is conducted by experienced industry experts
- Plenty of practical hands on training
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment on successful completion
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Participants must wear long pants and closed shoes (high-vis and steel-caps not required, but are welcome).
- This training is realistic, somewhat physical and may involve working in hot or cold environments whilst suited up in PPE. It is important that all personnel who attend this course have a suitable level of fitness and are willing and capable of moving about in a small enclosed room, and wearing face masks.
- This course requires practice in wearing correct, full PPE and undertaking personal decontamination techniques, therefore participants must be prepared to wear shorts and T-shirt under coveralls.
- Participants must bring additional clothing - shorts, singlet top/T-shirt and a pair of thongs (flip-flops) for the practical activity.
I wanted to thank Ant for his time and enthusiasm in teaching the course. It is plain to see that he is very passionate about the content and genuinely believes that this is the best way to keep people safe in the workplace and even at home. Also, his experience gained from his previous occupations really shines through when queried about real world scenarios. I enjoyed the course, and I believe the other attendees did also. I had to leave early, and Ant went out of his way to catch up with me before flying out the next day to help me complete the course. Cannot thank him enough for that.