No region selected
Remove Friable (Class A) and Non-Friable (Class B) Asbestos - Combo Course
Face to Face
Designed for people who need to remove both kinds of asbestos, and therefore require both tickets.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
This is a multi-certification program.
- WorkSafe WA Mandated Course Code: WSRAL001
- National unit of competency: CPCCDE3014 - Remove non-friable asbestos
- National unit of competency: CPCCDE3015 - Remove friable asbestos
Pinnacle Safety and Training are approved by WorkSafe (WA) to deliver the course WSRAL001, which is a prerequisite for you to apply for a Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL). Students who are deemed competent against WSRAL001 will receive a Statement of Completion. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Students who wish to apply for the Unrestricted Asbestos Licence need to meet WorkSafe WA’s asbestos training requirements before submitting an applications. Applicants who are deemed competent against CPCCDE3015 meet this training requirement.
Students who are deemed competent against CPCCDE3014 and CPCCDE3015 will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
2 days (allow approximately 8 hours per day)
- $895.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Asbestos-related disease has killed thousands of Australians. Australia and the UK have the highest rates of asbestos-related death in the world. Asbestos is highly toxic, causing a range of lung diseases that are slow to develop but in many cases deadly. While its use is now completely prohibited, there is a growing need to safely dispose of asbestos and asbestos containing material (ACM).
Non-Friable asbestos (also known as ‘bonded’ or ‘Class B’) was commonly used in building materials in Australia up the late 1980s. Bonded asbestos was used extensively for cladding, roofs and fences as well as backing boards in wet areas like kitchens and bathrooms. Friable asbestos (also known as ‘Class A’ asbestos) materials are more dangerous than non-friable asbestos and include asbestos that is in a powder form, crumbled, pulverised or reduced to powder (can crumble easily with hand pressure). Friable asbestos was used mainly for insulation (see ‘Mr Fluffy’).
This course is designed to ensure that participants have the skills and knowledge required to remove friable and non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM) and asbestos containing dust/debris (ACD). This combined course includes preparing for removal, constructing enclosures, removing friable and non-friable ACM, air and health monitoring requirements, and includes decontamination and disposal requirements. Participants who need to remove non-friable asbestos or friable asbestos (but not both) may wish to view the individual course pages:
Pinnacle Safety and Training will not use any asbestos containing material during this training program, however realistic simulation is used.
While workers who remove less than 10m² of non-friable asbestos have no legal obligation to undertake training, whenever friable asbestos containing materials (ACM) are present, or in the workplace, only qualified personnel are permitted to safely identify, manage or remove it. There is a duty of care that all removal of asbestos containing materials is carried out in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984, the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 and Part 9 of the Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos – 2nd Edition [NOHSC: 2002 (2005)] and the Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in the Workplace.
Upon completing this course, you are required to submit an application directly to WorkSafe WA to apply for either your Restricted Asbestos Licence or your Unrestricted Asbestos Licence. Licences are valid for three years. For more information on licence requirements, including demonstrating you have experience in asbestos removal and details of how to apply for a licence, please visit WorkSafe WA. We recommend you visit the WorkSafe WA site and research the licence requirements prior to completing the course.
Undertaking nationally recognised training in the removal of asbestos is a legal requirement in most states and territories for workers who need to remove asbestos containing materials. Refer to your State/Territory Authority for more information.
Our nationally recognised two day Remove Friable and Non-Friable Asbestos course is designed for a worker who is required to manage or remove both friable and/or non-friable asbestos containing material (ACM) in Australia. The course includes preparing, enclosing and removing friable and non-friable ACM, and knowledge of decontamination and disposal requirements. This training course is very hands on with at least 50% of the time allotted to the practical aspects of operating in an asbestos-contaminated worksite.
- Legislative requirements and compliance
- Licensing requirements
- Hazards of asbestos and health effects
- Planning and preparing for asbestos removal
- Completion of risk assessment, asbestos registers and management plans
- Methods of isolation of the work site
- Full enclosure setup, testing and removal
- Carry out asbestos removal process
- Decontamination of workers, plant and equipment (three phase process)
- Correct asbestos disposal techniques
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with regulatory requirements
The morning of the first day will be spent covering the aspects of the WorkSafe WA WSRAL001 program. Participants are required to attain an 80% pass mark on their WSRAL001 written examination to be able to apply to WorkSafe for a Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL).
The remainder of afternoon will cover the requirements of the nationally recognised CPCCDE3014 - Remove non-friable asbestos unit of competency. This section is well-received by participants as it includes a significant hands-on practical component.
The second day of training focuses on the requirements of the nationally recognised CPCCDE3015 - Remove friable asbestos unit of competency.
This training course is taught by experienced instructors who will outline theory and practical scenarios that are relevant to your work site.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Training is conducted by experienced industry experts
- Plenty of practical hands on training
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment on successful completion
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Participants must wear long pants and closed shoes (high-vis and steel-caps not required, but are welcome).
- This training is realistic, somewhat physical and may involve working in hot or cold environments whilst suited up in PPE. It is important that all personnel who attend this course have a suitable level of fitness and are willing and capable of moving about in a small enclosed room, and wearing face masks.
- This course requires practice in wearing correct, full PPE and undertaking personal decontamination techniques, therefore participants must be prepared to wear shorts and T-shirt under coveralls.
- Participants must bring additional clothing - shorts, singlet top/T-shirt and a pair of thongs (flip-flops) for the practical activity.
- All participants must hold CPCCOHS1001A - ‘Work safely in the construction industry’ obtained after 11 May 2009 CPCCWHS1001 - ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’. This is commonly known as a ‘White Card’.
- If you do not provide this by the business day prior to your course commencement, your enrolment will be cancelled, and you will not be permitted entry to the course. If this occurs, our terms and conditions will apply and therefore your course fee will not be refunded nor held in credit.
- NOTE: If your White Card was issued prior to 11 May 2009, we cannot recognise this as a valid prerequisite as it does not prove that you were assessed against the correct unit of competency.
- Asbestos Awareness
- Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (Class B)
- Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A)
- Remove Friable (Class A) and Non-Friable (Class B) Asbestos - Combo Course
- Supervise Asbestos Removal Training
- Silica Awareness