No region selected
Restricted Asbestos Licence Training (WorkSafe WA)
Face to Face
A Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL) is required by law in Western Australia for the removal of materials that contain non-friable asbestos. The RAL allows people to remove amounts exceeding 10m2 of bonded (non-friable) asbestos.
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Pinnacle Safety and Training are approved by WorkSafe (WA) to deliver this course “WSRAL001”, which is a prerequisite for you to apply for a Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL).
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Completion. This statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Half a day (allow approximately 4-5 hours)
- $279.00 pp for public courses.
- Add the nationally recognised certification for only $20.00 more! Click here.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
It has been recognised for many years that asbestos is a hazardous substance. The people who work with asbestos must be trained in the safe way of handling and transporting the material. There is a duty of care that all removal of asbestos containing materials is carried out in accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984, the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 and Part 9 of the Code of Practice for the Safe Removal of Asbestos – 2nd Edition [NOHSC: 2002 (2005)] and the Code of Practice for the Management and Control of Asbestos in the Workplace.
A Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL) is required by law in Western Australia for the removal of materials that contain non-friable asbestos, also known as Bonded Asbestos or Class B Asbestos. The Restricted Asbestos Licence allows people to remove amounts exceeding 10m2 of bonded (non-friable) asbestos.
Upon completing this course, you are required to submit an application directly to WorkSafe WA to apply for your RAL. This licence is valid for three years. For more information on licence requirements, including demonstrating you have experience in asbestos removal and details of how to apply for a licence, please visit WorkSafe WA. We recommend you visit the WorkSafe WA site and research the licence requirements prior to completing the course.
How Can I Receive a Nationally Recognised Certification?
For just $20 more, our full-day program offers successful participants the WorkSafe (WA) “WSRAL001” (required for your RAL application) CPCCDE3014A - Remove non-friable asbestos which is a nationally recognised certification enabling you to operate in states other than Western Australia.
It is also worth noting that the national certification has become a legal requirement for some subcontractors when removing asbestos in Western Australia, especially if you are:
- working on a site that is owned or controlled by the Federal Government
- working under a Federal Government awarded contract
- undertaking works nationally in the Telecommunications Industry (i.e. NBN), or
- operating in other states of Australia.
If you are interested in obtaining both qualifications please see our full-day program here.
The WSRAL001 course will be delivered in three modules covering the following:
- Legislative framework
- Types of asbestos
- Various uses
- Fibre size
- The health risks
- Risk management
- Removal and disposal of non-friable (bonded) asbestos
Participants are required to attain an 80% pass mark on their written examination to be able to apply to WorkSafe for a Restricted Asbestos Licence (RAL).
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Training conducted by experienced industry experts
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Provide valid ID (e.g. Driver’s Licence, passport) to the trainer on the morning of training
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
IMPORTANT: Restricted Asbestos Licence Requirements
- Those applicants applying through Worksafe to get their Restricted Asbestos Licence must provide evidence of at least 12 months experience in the supervision and management of asbestos removal
- Asbestos Awareness
- Remove Non-Friable Asbestos (Class B)
- Remove Friable Asbestos (Class A)
- Supervise Asbestos Removal Training
- Silica Awareness