No region selected
Confined Space Awareness
Face to Face
Designed for people to gain an understanding of what confined spaces are and the obligations required of employers to manage work that is conducted in or around confined spaces.
What kinds of people should do a confined space awareness course?
- Supervisors and Managers
- Anyone requiring an introduction and awareness of confined spaces
Participants will receive a Statement of Attendance. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
This short course is designed for people to gain an understanding of what confined spaces are and the obligations required of employers to manage work that is conducted in or around confined spaces.
This course can be tailored to suit organisational confined space operations, policies and procedures.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Australian Standards and relevant legislation to manage confined space work
- Identify the compliance documentation related to confined spaces
- Roles, responsibilities and obligations of various roles
- Identifying confined spaces
- Identifying and controlling hazards
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard controls
- Organisational site policies and procedures for managing work being conducted in confined spaces (upon request)
- Simulated permit for entry into a confined space
- Standby responsibilities and emergency procedures.
- Training conducted by an experienced confined space specialist with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working in confined spaces
- Interactive learning activities
- Reference to and application of organisations Confined Space Entry procedures and Risk Assessment procedure (available upon request)
Each Trainee Must Provide
We supply all required equipment to undertake training.
- Confined Space Entry - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Confined Space Entry - 1 day
- Confined Space Entry - 2 day
- Confined Space Entry - Half day Refresher
- Gas Test and Permit Issuer
- Confined Space Awareness
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Confined Space Rescue
- Gas Testing Training
- Risk Assessment Training
I recently completed the Cert IV WHS and found it to be a great course and very informative. I was doing this course online in my own time and pace, but I had hit a snag and couldn’t keep myself motivated to keep going. I called Pinnacle and explained my situation and they were more than considerate to my position. After a good chat with one of their consultants I had signed up for the next course in Sydney. My instructor was Ian and this guy to me was the guru of WHS, his knowledge was absolutely second to none and his manner in the classroom made you feel relaxed and confident with all the content that he delivered. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the classroom and learning from Ian, as well as learning from the other people in my class and the different areas that we all came from. Cheers guys.