No region selected
Confined Space Entry - Half day Refresher
Face to Face
Provides previously trained individuals with the ability to refresh their knowledge and skills in a shorter timeframe.
|Location (QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Our Confined Space Entry Refresher course is comprised of two components:
- Online learning and assessment (approximately 3-4 hours - online)
- Hands on practical training and assessment (approximately 4 hours - at Pinnacle training centre)
- $149.00 pp introductory special for public courses (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote
Pinnacle Safety and Training train more people to work safely in confined spaces than any other provider in Australia.
Techniques and legislation change over time, which is why it’s critical that workers refresh their skills and knowledge.
This course has been designed to reduce the amount of time already-skilled participants spend in a classroom, whilst offering the ability to re-issue nationally recognised confined space competencies. Building on participants’ previously attained competencies, we will confirm retention of knowledge using our online learning platform and skills through lots of practical-based learning and activities.
Pinnacle Safety and Training recognises that whilst there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. We will always aim to customise the course to suit your unique workplace requirements.
“When do I need to refresh my confined space units?”
The refresher interval for Confined Space Training depends on both employer guidelines, and site procedures.
The Model Code of Practice stipulates that “Re-training or refresher training should be provided as appropriate for a particular workplace. The frequency of this training should depend on how often workers are required to carry out tasks associated with entry to or work in confined spaces.”
Australian Standard AS 2865-2009 states that “persons shall be reassessed at appropriate intervals to maintain their competency to conduct tasks associated with confined spaces”.
Given these recommendations, we find most employers mandate a 24 month currency period for confined space units of competency.
- Identifying confined spaces
- Identification and control of hazards
- Australian Standards and relevant legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of management and employees
- Case studies
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard controls
- Work according to a confined space permit
- Work site policy and procedures
- Write work plans and risk assessments
- Lockout and tag out methods of isolation
- Atmospheric monitoring and gas detection
- Fall protection equipment
- Practical entry into a confined space
- Safety and emergency procedures
- Access to our online learning platform with interactive learning module built and tested by industry experts
- Access to a dedicated Online Faculty at Pinnacle to assist you with your online learning, if you need it
- The freedom to study when you like and go at your own pace.
Hands On Practical Component:
- Practical training conducted by experienced confined space specialist
- Half day (approx. 4 hours) of hands-on, practical training. Up to 12 trainees per course.
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work to be undertaken
- Scenario-driven learning to ensure workers can be safe and comply with relevant standards and legislation
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Have previously completed the required unit of competency within the last 24 months, and supply Statement(s) of Attainment prior to the course (as described above in ‘Eligibility Criteria’).
- Have completed the pre-course online learning and assessments prior to attending the scheduled face-to-face training
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Provide their own transport and lunch
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake the practical training.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
Online learning requirements
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Confined Space Entry - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Confined Space Entry - 1 day
- Confined Space Entry - 2 day
- Confined Space Entry - Half day Refresher
- Gas Test and Permit Issuer
- Confined Space Awareness
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Confined Space Rescue
- Gas Testing Training
- Risk Assessment Training
- Permit Issuer and Breathing Apparatus (Gladstone)
Dave is a very professional and passionate trainer with a high level of knowledge in confined space training. During my previous 9 years in the industry I can’t think of anyone more passionate about training and safety, including site training officers, safety reps and external trainers.
Mark S. - Brisbane, QLDWave International
Great trainer for the course, Lester did a great job of keeping me involved and interested which would not have been easy as I have done this course twice before. I came out of the course with a greater knowledge and understanding of what a confined space ticket allows me to do/not to do. I have been in my industry for over 10 years, so to say I learnt something new about something I do every day is great and I put that down to Lester’s training methods.
Joel M. - Brisbane, QLDKleenduct Australia
Overall an excellent experience. From the organisation and professionalism shown by Courtney in the office, to the training given by Jay - who is by far the best trainer I’ve ever been taught by. Very cost-effective and time-efficient training. Congratulations on your organisation, Pinnacle!