No region selected
Confined Space Refresher
Face to Face
Provides previously trained individuals with the ability to refresh their knowledge and skills in a shorter timeframe.
1 day (allow 8 hours)
- $239.00 pp for public courses
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
This course has been designed to reduce the amount of time already-skilled participants spend in a classroom, whilst offering the ability to re-issue six nationally recognised confined space competencies in one day. Building on participants’ previously attained competencies, we will confirm retention of knowledge and skills through minimal theory and lots of practical-based learning and activities.
This is a refresher course. To be eligible to enrol into this course you must provide evidence that you have attained the following competencies within the last 24 month period:
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces MSMPER205 Enter confined space
- MSMPER200 (or MSAPMPER200C) - Work in accordance with an issued permit
- RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
- MSMWHS217 (or MSAPMOHS217A) - Gas test atmospheres
- MSMPER300 (or MSAPMPER300C) - Issue work permits
Cards or Statements of Attainment will be requested prior to attending and may also be supplied on the day of your training course. If cards are provided they must state the units of competence, date attained and identify the training provider that issued the card.
IMPORTANT! Read Before Booking!
Participants who book for the course and arrive but do not meet the eligibility criteria (e.g do not hold correct units that are less than 24 months old) will have no recourse. These participants will be unable to attend and are not eligible for a refund. If unsure if you hold appropriate units of competence, please call us on 1300 990 810 for guidance.
If you do not hold these, see our Confined Space 2 Day program.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Identifying confined spaces
- Identifying and controlling hazards
- Australian Standards and relevant legislation
- Roles, responsibilities and obligations of confined space workers
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard controls
- Working under a confined space permit
- Work site policies and procedures
- Conducting risk assessments
- Lock out and tag out methods of isolation
- Tripods, VEDs and fall protection equipment
- Practical entry into a confined space
- Safety and emergency procedures.
- Issuing confined space work permits
- Atmospheric monitoring and gas detection
- Writing Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) and risk assessments
Each Trainee Must Provide
there are specific language, literacy and numeracy requirements of some of the units in this course.
In order to be deemed competent, participants must be able to:
- read and correctly interpret required documentation relevant to the confined space entry
- speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
- understand the permit requirements.
Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms and producing any required reports.
Numeracy is required to the level of being able to correctly differentiate between high and low pressures and temperatures, voltages or masses and interpret gas test/monitoring results.
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
For our public courses at our facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed in footwear.
- Confined Space Entry - 1 day
- Confined Space Entry - 2 day
- Gas Test and Permit Issuer
- Confined Space Awareness
- Confined Space Refresher
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Confined Space Rescue
- Gas Testing Training
- Risk Assessment Training
- Permit Issuer and Breathing Apparatus (Gladstone)
Great trainer for the course, Lester did a great job of keeping me involved and interested which would not have been easy as I have done this course twice before. I came out of the course with a greater knowledge and understanding of what a confined space ticket allows me to do/not to do. I have been in my industry for over 10 years, so to say I learnt something new about something I do every day is great and I put that down to Lester’s training methods.
Joel M. - Brisbane, QLDKleenduct Australia
I found Kerryn to be an excellent trainer and presenter who was able to share her industry experience well. The fact that she regularly provides Confined Spaces services to industry reflects well.
Les D. - Melbourne, VICAlcoa Fastening Systems & Rings
Overall an excellent experience. From the organisation and professionalism shown by Courtney in the office, to the training given by Jay - who is by far the best trainer I’ve ever been taught by. Very cost-effective and time-efficient training. Congratulations on your organisation, Pinnacle!