No region selected
Confined Space Rescue
Face to Face
Training for anyone who may be required to perform technical rope-based rescues to extract personnel from confined spaces.
|Location (Melbourne)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Melbourne - Port Melbourne (Turner St)||Tue, Feb 04, 2020 (7:30am)||
4 Places LeftBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- PUASAR025A - Undertake Confined Space Rescue
- PUASAR022A - Participate in a Rescue Operation
- PUAEME001B - Provide Emergency Care
- PUAFIR215 - Prevent Injury
2 days (you must hold a Confined Space Entry and Breathing Apparatus qualification - see below for details)
- $525.00 pp for public courses.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Our nationally recognised confined space rescue course is designed for anyone who may be required to perform rope-based rescues to extract injured personnel from confined spaces. This training course is taught by experienced emergency services instructors who will perform rescue scenarios that are relevant to your work site. This training course is very hands on with 75% of the time allocated to performing rescue scenarios.
Various types of equipment can be covered depending on the complexity of the types of rescue methods applicable at the site. Training and course subjects will be completely tailored to the requirements of the work site. Following the training course, all competent trainees will be capable of responding to various on-site confined space rescue emergencies.
Pinnacle Safety and Training has built a reputation as a provider or real world rescue skills. The skills taught will be tailored to your workplace requirements and contexts such as:
- Mine sites
- Power stations
- Ships and vessels etc.
- Accessing a casualty in a confined space
- Search and rescue
- Casualty care
- Casualty extrication
- Moving a stretcher in three dimensions
- Monitor gas atmospheres
- All necessary equipment can be provided (although we encourage you to bring your own)
- Training conducted by experienced Emergency Services Instructors
- Plenty of practical hands on training
- You must have attended our Confined Space Entry 1 day program, or hold equivalent competencies (If not, simply attend one of our weekly courses)
- You must hold PUAFIR207B ‘Operate breathing apparatus open circuit’ MSAPMOHS216A (or MSMWHS216) ‘Operate breathing apparatus’ (If not, enquire about attending our 1 day course prior to this program)
- Participants must be clean shaven. The unit of competency demands that students use equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications. The manufacturer’s specifications for breathing apparatus state: “The sealing line between head and facepiece must be free of hair and foreign substances which could cause leakages”. Furthermore, AS 1715 requires users to be clean shaven.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses, descenders, breathing apparatus etc.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- This training is realistic and very physical. It is important that all personnel who attend this course are willing and capable of moving about in dark, possibly smoky, confined spaces while wearing 15kg breathing apparatus sets.
- Confined Space Entry - 1 day
- Confined Space Entry - 2 day
- Gas Test and Permit Issuer
- Confined Space Awareness
- Confined Space Refresher
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Confined Space Rescue
- Gas Testing Training
- Risk Assessment Training
I enjoyed the training which added to my skillset. James was an awesome trainer, he made everything clear, relevant and fun. A great experience! Thanks.
Luke W. -Thiess
I was on the Vertical Rescue and Confined Space Rescue course last week and found the training from Kevin sensational. His knowledge and enthusiasm was terrific and he was very understanding and patient with the different levels of experience. I took a lot away from the training and will recommend it to others.
Jarrod G. - Brisbane, QLDPublic Course Participant
Kevin was a great instructor and has ensured that if further instruction is required Pinnacle is the only place I will go.