No region selected
Confined Space Rescue
Face to Face
Training for anyone who may be required to perform technical rope-based rescues to extract personnel from confined spaces.
|Location (VIC)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Melbourne - Port Melbourne (Turner St)||Tue, Jul 30, 2019 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Melbourne - Port Melbourne (Turner St)||Tue, Sep 10, 2019 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- PUASAR025A - Undertake Confined Space Rescue
- PUASAR022A - Participate in a Rescue Operation
- PUAEME001B - Provide Emergency Care
- PUAFIR215 - Prevent Injury
2 days (you must hold a Confined Space Entry and Breathing Apparatus qualification - see below for details)
- $525.00 pp for public courses.
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
Our nationally recognised confined space rescue course is designed for anyone who may be required to perform rope-based rescues to extract injured personnel from confined spaces. This training course is taught by experienced emergency services instructors who will perform rescue scenarios that are relevant to your work site. This training course is very hands on with 75% of the time allocated to performing rescue scenarios.
Various types of equipment can be covered depending on the complexity of the types of rescue methods applicable at the site. Training and course subjects will be completely tailored to the requirements of the work site. Following the training course, all competent trainees will be capable of responding to various on-site confined space rescue emergencies.
Pinnacle Safety and Training has built a reputation as a provider or real world rescue skills. The skills taught will be tailored to your workplace requirements and contexts such as:
- Mine sites
- Power stations
- Ships and vessels etc.
- Accessing a casualty in a confined space
- Search and rescue
- Casualty care
- Casualty extrication
- Moving a stretcher in three dimensions
- Monitor gas atmospheres
- All necessary equipment can be provided (although we encourage you to bring your own)
- Training conducted by experienced Emergency Services Instructors
- Plenty of practical hands on training
- You must have attended our Confined Space Entry 1 day program, or hold equivalent competencies (If not, simply attend one of our weekly courses)
- You must hold PUAFIR207B ‘Operate breathing apparatus open circuit’ MSAPMOHS216A (or MSMWHS216) ‘Operate breathing apparatus’ (If not, enquire about attending our 1 day course prior to this program)
- Participants must be clean shaven. The unit of competency demands that students use equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications. The manufacturer’s specifications for breathing apparatus state: “The sealing line between head and facepiece must be free of hair and foreign substances which could cause leakages”. Furthermore, AS 1715 requires users to be clean shaven.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses, descenders, breathing apparatus etc.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- This training is realistic and very physical. It is important that all personnel who attend this course are willing and capable of moving about in dark, possibly smoky, confined spaces while wearing 15kg breathing apparatus sets.
- Confined Space Entry - 1 day
- Confined Space Entry - 2 day
- Gas Test and Permit Issuer
- Confined Space Awareness
- Confined Space Refresher
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Confined Space Rescue
- Gas Testing Training
- Risk Assessment Training
- Permit Issuer and Breathing Apparatus (Gladstone)
- Hazard Analysis and Permit Issuer (Perth)
Thank you Pinnacle. I thoroughly enjoyed my Confined Space Rescue and Vertical Rescue course. Kevin, our trainer, was excellent in the delivery of technical theory and practical expertise and made our time fly. Kevin is an asset to your company and I would be more than happy to recommend Pinnacle for any CS and VR potential students. Thank you again.
James K. - Murarrie, QLDPublic Course Participant
I found Kerryn to be an excellent trainer and presenter who was able to share her industry experience well. The fact that she regularly provides Confined Spaces services to industry reflects well.
Les D. - Melbourne, VICAlcoa Fastening Systems & Rings
This course was really well run and the involvement from the CS Energy emergency response team was definitely increased due to the way the trainers delivered the course.