No region selected
Gas Test and Permit Issuer
Face to Face
More advanced training for existing confined space operators in the areas of gas testing, permit issuing and risk assessments.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
|Location (Gold Coast)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Gold Coast - Helensvale||Thu, May 02, 2019 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Gold Coast - Helensvale||Thu, May 30, 2019 (7:30am)||
1 Place LeftBook Now
|Gold Coast - Helensvale||Thu, Jun 27, 2019 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- RIIRIS201D - Conduct local risk control
- MSMWHS217 - Gas test atmospheres
- MSMWHS201 - Conduct hazard analysis
- MSMPER300 - Issue work permits
- MSMPER201 - Monitor and control work permits
1 day (allow a minimum of 8 hours)
- $239.00 pp for public courses
- Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. If eligible, pay only $37.00 - save $202.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
This is generally conducted as the second day of our ‘Confined Space Entry - 2 day’ course. While there are no formal prerequisites to attending this course, participants will benefit from having solid working experience in confined spaces, or holding the unit RIIOHS202A/RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces (or equivalent). This unit is attained on day 1 of the 2 day course and if you require it, please attend the full 2 day course.
Our Gas Test and Permit Issuer course is for:
- Anyone who wants a greater depth of knowledge of working in confined spaces
- Anyone who needs a ‘gas test atmospheres’ certification in order to be able to operate a gas detector
- Anyone who wants to be able to issue work permits
- Anyone who requires extra training in the risk assessment process for confined space works
- Anyone who may need to supervise other workers during confined space operations.
This nationally recognised training course is designed for people who work in or around confined spaces. The course can be tailored to suit your company’s specific training requirements focusing on the safety procedures and practical scenarios relevant to your particular confined space operations. While there is a standard set of learning outcomes for the course, we understand that the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. It is designed to teach participants how to:
- Identify and control confined space hazards
- Work safely within confined spaces
- Complete relevant risk assessments and permits
- Issue entry permits for confined space operations
- Operate various confined space safety equipment to allow for vertical or horizontal entries
- Understand the effects of airbourne hazards on the body
- Use a gas detector and interpret readings
- Discharge the obligations of a standby person, and supervise confined space operations
Trainees who need to be able to operate breathing apparatus, please see our Operate Breathing Apparatus course.
Trainees who need to be able to undertake confined space rescue, please see our Confined Space Rescue course.
- Hazard identification processes
- Australian Standards and relevant legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of management and employees
- Risk assessments and hierarchy of hazard controls
- Issue confined space work permits
- Work site policy and procedures
- Lockout and tag out methods of isolation
- Atmospheric monitoring and gas detection
- Practical entry into a confined space
- Safety and emergency procedures
- Confined space refresher training is recommended every 12-24 months under Australian Standard AS2865-2009.
- Training conducted by an experienced confined space specialist with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working in confined spaces
- Practical hands-on training
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for a particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work to be undertaken.
- This course can be conducted on-site or at one of our training facilities located in Brisbane, Gladstone, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.
Each Trainee Must Provide
there are specific language, literacy and numeracy requirements of some of the units in this course.
In order to be deemed competent, participants must be able to:
- read and correctly interpret required documentation relevant to the confined space entry
- speak clearly and unambiguously in English
- explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues
- understand the permit requirements.
Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms and producing any required reports.
Numeracy is required to the level of being able to correctly differentiate between high and low pressures and temperatures, voltages or masses and interpret gas test/monitoring results.
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
I completed the EWP under 11 metre course yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it… Phil the instructor was brilliant. He held the class well and he spoke from experience not just from time teaching a course. He was hard but fair in the assessment practical and you kinda have to be considering the work that students will be undertaking upon their completion. Facilities were top notch and nothing was too much trouble. All staff that I came into contact with were polite and very professional! I would certainly recommend Pinnacle Safety and Training for anyone looking at completing industry specific training and certification and I will certainly use them again when choosing my next course.