No region selected
Gas Testing Training
Face to Face
Designed for workers who may need to monitor potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace.
Pinnacle run standalone Gas Test Atmospheres courses for groups who require this. Please contact us for an obligation free quote. Alternatively, this unit of competency can be gained by joining one of our weekly Gas Test and Permit Issuer courses.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Height Safety (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
MSMWHS217 - Gas Test Atmospheres
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
Our gas testing training course is designed for workers who may need to undertake monitoring of potentially hazardous atmospheres in the workplace. These areas that may need to be atmospherically tested may include:
- Confined spaces
- Hazardous material storage areas
- Restricted spaces
- Areas which contain dangerous goods.
This course is taught by highly experienced Emergency Services instructors who have a strong background in HAZMAT response. This training course will teach trainees:
- When gas testing is required
- How to conduct gas testing
- How to determine if the atmosphere is safe to work in.
- Legislative framework for gas detection
- Determining when is gas testing required
- Supervisor responsibilities
- Gas testing permits to work and hot work requirements
- Risk assessments and the need to consider atmospheric monitoring requirements during the risk assessment
- Confined space permit overview
- Oxygen deficiency, oxygen enrichment, lower explosive levels, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide, methane and other gasses
- Exposure limits: TWA’s, STEL’s, IDLH’s etc.
- Air densities of common gasses and implications
- Gas testing log sheets
- Gas detector maintenance
- Gas detector bump testing and calibration requirements
- Gas detector records
- Training by highly experienced Emergency Services instructors.
- Plenty of hands on practical training with gas detectors.
Each Trainee Must Provide
there are specific language, literacy and numeracy requirements of the unit in this course.
- This unit requires the ability to read and interpret a meter and then communicate the conclusions.
- Writing is required to the level of completing required workplace reports/forms.
- Numeracy is required to the level of being able to read the instrument and interpret the results as being safe/not safe and so determine the required actions.
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed in footwear.
- Confined Space Entry - 1 day
- Confined Space Entry - 2 day
- Gas Test and Permit Issuer
- Confined Space Awareness
- Confined Space Refresher
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Confined Space Rescue
- Gas Testing Training
- Risk Assessment Training
- Permit Issuer and Breathing Apparatus (Gladstone)
- Hazard Analysis and Permit Issuer (Perth)
This was the best short-course I have completed during my 11 years in the construction industry.