No region selected
Working at Heights and Confined Space Combined
Combine and save! Equips workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work at height, perform basic risk assessments, gas testing atmospheres, and enter a confined space to conduct work under an issued permit. Online + hands on practical.
|Location (Central QLD)
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS204E - Work safely at heights
- RIIWHS202E - Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMWHS217 - Gas test atmospheres
- MSMPER200 - Work in accordance with an issued permit
Our Working at Heights and Confined Space course is comprised of two components:
- Online learning and assessment (to be completed in your own time and before practical training at our facility): 6-8 hours, comprised of:
- Working at Height theory (3-4 hours)
- Confined Space Entry theory (3-4 hours)
- Hands on practical training and assessment at our facility: 8 hours
IMPORTANT: Students who have not completed both theory components of their training - in full - prior to arrival will be turned away. Our Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Group bookings only. Please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Pinnacle Safety and Training train more people in heights and confined space than any other provider in Australia.
This course combines both Work Safely at Heights with Confined Space Entry (including Gas Testing) to meet the specific needs of employers, industries and workers in Australia.
This is an initial training course in these disciplines and is suitable for workers without prior experience. Because of the online learning components, we recommend this course to those participants with strong computer literacy skills. If you’re not the best with computers - no problem! We also offer each of these courses in a 100% face-to-face format. For the 100% face-to-face Work Safely at Heights course, click here. For the 100% face-to-face Confined Space course, click here.
What is a Confined Space?
According to the Safe Work Australia Code of Practice, a “confined space” means an enclosed or partially enclosed space that:
- is not designed or intended primarily to be occupied by a person; and
- is, or is designed or intended to be, at normal atmospheric pressure while any person is in the space; and
- is or is likely to be a risk to health and safety from:
- an atmosphere that does not have a safe oxygen level, or
- contaminants, including airborne gases, vapours and dusts, that may cause injury from fire or explosion, or
- harmful concentrations of any airborne contaminants, or
This course is recommended for:
Workers who will be performing heights or confined space work, but are not required to issue a permit, or wear breaking apparatus.
- Electrical engineers
- Safety inspectors
- Safety personnel
- Injury prevention personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Emergency services personnel (fire, ambulance, police)
- WHS officers
- Risk managers
- Mine managers
- Telecommunications and cable installation personnel
- Lift operators and installers
- Transport industry workers
For supervisors of work at height or anyone needing to develop rescue plans, please consider undertaking Working at Heights - 2 day training. Remember: having a tested, effective rescue plan for all work at heights where a fall is possible is the law!
Likewise, for more advanced confined space training, including issuing permits, or planning and supervising confined space operations, see our Confined Space - 2 day course. This advanced training is for anyone who may be required to control the works in the space via permit issuing or otherwise supervise confined space operations.
Working at Heights:
Currency of Training
Australian Standard AS2865 recommends refreshing confined space training every 12-24 months.
Industry recommends refresher training for working safely at heights every 12-24 months.
- Access to our online learning platform with interactive learning modules and theory assessment activities for Heights and Confined Spaces
- Access to our dedicated Online Faculty if you require assistance with your online learning
- The freedom to study when you like and at your own pace.
Hands On Practical Component:
- 8 hours of face-to-face training conducted by an experienced heights and confined space specialist
- Hands-on practical training designed to develop safe work practices
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice and Australian Standards relevant to confined spaces and working safely at heights
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work to be undertaken
Each Trainee Must Provide
For the pre-course online learning, participants must
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection
- Use a device that can play sound
For the practical component, participants must
- Have completed the pre-course online learning and assessments prior to attending the scheduled face-to-face training day
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Provide their own transport and lunch
- Wear appropriate clothing, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake the practical training, however we actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- Working at Heights and Confined Space Combined
- Confined Space Entry - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Confined Space Entry - 1 day
- Confined Space Entry - 2 day
- Confined Space Permit Issuer
- Confined Space Awareness
- Confined Space Rescue
- Gas Testing Training
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Risk Control Training
Did a full day yesterday for Working Safely at Heights and Confined Spaces. I had a great day… got all the necessary training to stay safe in the workplace and our trainer Mitch was amazing. Very funny, knowledgable and supportive; made it an enjoyable experience for everyone. The practicals were so much fun and I learnt a lot. Thanks Mitch 😊
Victoria M - Perth, WAPublic Course Participant
I’ve just completed a combined Working at Heights & Confined Space tickets. Extensive theory process online and very informative. Practical training and test was well presented, Peter was an awesome teacher, made the course run smooth and easy. Excellent training facility, would definitely go back for more training and recommend Pinnacle Safety and Training.