No region selected
Face to Face
An introductory course designed to provide an awareness and overview of asbestos, how to identify it and how it should be managed.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
What type of workers need asbestos awareness training?
- Workers who enter ceiling cavities (such as insulation installers; pest spray operators; air-conditioning installers; maintenance and repair workers; solar panel providers)
- Electricians; plumbers; carpenters and joiners; plasterers; painters and decorators; gas fitters; demolition workers; floor finishers
- Emergency services workers
- Building and construction workers
This is a non-accredited training course. Students who complete this course will receive a Certificate of Completion. This certificate is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496). For workers in the Australian Capital Territory, WorkSafe ACT mandates that you must complete a specific awareness course called “10675NAT Course in Asbestos Awareness”. This is that course.
- Option 1 - Online
- Do the training online at your own pace when it suits you
- Students usually finish in 1-2 hours
- Option 2 - Classroom
- 4 hours
- Option 1: Online e-Learning Course. Introductory special of $75.00pp - save $20! For bookings of 10+ people, contact us to access our special group rate.
- Start Now!
- Option 2: Face to face classroom training (group bookings only - please contact us for an obligation free quote)
- QLD: Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. Eligible students can undertake this course at Save $75.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
Most people cannot tell whether building materials contain asbestos just by looking at them. Asbestos awareness training is essential for any worker in construction or related industries where asbestos containing materials may be present. If you need to work in environments where asbestos may be present, attending this course will assist you to identify materials likely to contain asbestos, and teach you the safety requirements for working with asbestos.
- Identifying relevant OHS/WHS legislation that applies to asbestos
- Explaining what asbestos is and where is it has commonly been used
- Identifying likely asbestos containing material
- Knowing health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Identifying when a license is required when removing asbestos
- Describing the safety requirements of working with asbestos
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training
- Face to face training conducted by experienced industry experts
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Contact us if you have any concerns about your level of language literacy or numeracy
For online training, participants must:
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Confined Space Entry - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Fire Warden Training
- Chief Warden Training
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Online
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Provide First Aid Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Chain of Responsibility
- Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
- Mining Supervisor - G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3)
- Risk Facilitator - G2
It was great, I don’t think you could make it any better.
Susan B. - Capertee, NSWPublic Course Participant
Regarding the online Asbestos Awareness program: “The course is good as it is. It was informative and kept me interested.”