No region selected
Risk Facilitator - G2
Some sites now require any person in a supervisory capacity to hold this competency along with the Mining Supervisor G1, G8, G9.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- G2 - RIIRIS402E Carry out the risk management process
Valid for 5 years (refreshers are available)
- Complete this course online at your own pace
- If you are already working in the industry this e-Learning course should take approximately 6 - 8 hours to complete
- The refresher program may be completed in 2 - 2.5 hours
- Option 1:
- G2 Online
- $399.00 pp. Start now!
- Option 2:
- G1-G8-G9+G2 Online
- Bundle in G1-G8-G9 Mining Supervisor to achieve G1-G8-G9+G2
- $875.00 pp. Start now!
- Option 3:
- G2 Refresher Online
- For those who have already completed G2 previously
- $250.00 pp. Start now!
This ‘G2’ course covers the skills and knowledge required to carry out the risk management process in the Coal and Metalliferous mining industries. This competency is a statutory requirement according to mining legislation for certain occupational categories as deemed by the respective Mining Safety and Health Advisory Committees.
Some mining companies have expanded the groups of people requiring this competency with some sites now requiring any person in a supervisory capacity to hold this competency along with the Mining Supervisor G1, G8, G9.
Upon completion of the training, you will have the essential skills and knowledge to carry out the risk management process as detailed in the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act and Coal Mining Safety and Health Act.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Relevant legislation
- Industry/Company documentation (policies and procedures)
- Determining the risk management process
- Hazard identification (including acute and long term effects on people)
- Assessing risk and determining loss
- Identifying unacceptable risk and potential actions
- Deciding on, implementing or facilitating of actions
- Reviewing the implementation of action
- Auditing the risk management process
- Completing records and reports
- Our online course was built from the ground up by industry experts. It is designed to be easy to use, easy to understand and works on multiple devices and platforms
- Downloadable and printable Learner Guide
Each Participant Must
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices
- Have a stable internet connection
- Use a device that can play sound
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Confined Space Entry - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Fire Warden Training
- Chief Warden Training
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Online
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Provide First Aid Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Chain of Responsibility
- Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
- Mining Supervisor - G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3)
- Risk Facilitator - G2
Great trainer for the course, Lester did a great job of keeping me involved and interested which would not have been easy as I have done this course twice before. I came out of the course with a greater knowledge and understanding of what a confined space ticket allows me to do/not to do. I have been in my industry for over 10 years, so to say I learnt something new about something I do every day is great and I put that down to Lester’s training methods.