No region selected
White Card Training
Face to Face
Teaches participants how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Students will also receive a ‘White Card’ licence (QLD issued) which is nationally recognised throughout all states in Australia.
National unit of competency
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Pinnacle Safety and Training is a WHSQ approved provider of the White Card.
- 4 hours
- Morning, afternoon and evening sessions available
- $90.00 pp
- Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. If eligible, pay only $20.00 - save $70.00 off our regular price! Check your eligibility and apply now.
Our white card construction induction training course is designed to train participants in how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
The course teaches participants personal awareness of occupational health and safety legislative requirements, and the basic principles of risk management and prevention of injury and illness in the construction industry.
The unit relates directly to the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work (ASCC 2007).
State Recognition and Currency
In 2019, state regulators made changes to the way the White Card program is to be delivered in Australia. In Queensland, obtaining a White Card via online training is no longer permitted, and the course must be undertaken face-to-face in the classroom (certain exemptions for rural residents may apply).
White Cards issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training are accepted in all states and territories in Australia.
Organisations and businesses may have internal polices which require that White Cards be obtained through specific training organisations, or by specific methods of training delivery. If in doubt, ask your prospective employer.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Identifying relevant standards and legislation requirements related to working on a construction site
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identify ways to communicate risks and hazards to superiors and workers on site
- Applying basic risk management principles and assessment of construction work
- Identifying responsibilities and rights of workers and supervisors on site
- Applying safe work practices whilst working on construction sites
- We offer face to face training conducted by an experienced instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards and practices of occupational health and safety on a construction site. This includes practical hands-on training.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have access to valid ID (e.g. Driver’s Licence, passport, etc) - otherwise card cannot be issued
- Have at least a Year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
QLD face to face participants: Evidence of identity documents
WorkSafe Queensland require that participants must supply three matching original evidence of identity (EOI) documents.
- Click here to view document categories and types.
- These documents must be supplied to the trainer on the day of training. Failure to supply the required documents will result in exclusion from the course and rebooking fees will apply.
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Fire Warden Training
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Provide First Aid Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Chain of Responsibility
I feel the online learning platform is easily navigated even by novice computer users.
Matt C. - Gulmarrad, NSWSunshine Sugar
It was good - I worked at my own pace in between work shifts.