No region selected
White Card Training
Face to Face
Teaches participants how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
Our white card construction induction training course is designed to train participants in how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
The course teaches participants personal awareness of occupational health and safety legislative requirements, and the basic principles of risk management and prevention of injury and illness in the construction industry.
The unit relates directly to the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work (ASCC 2007).
State Recognition and Currency
In 2019, state regulators made changes to the way the White Card program is to be delivered in Australia. Western Australia allows the program to be delivered online to WA residents only. All other states require a face-to-face delivery (certain exemptions for rural residents may apply).
White Cards issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training are accepted in all states and territories in Australia.
Organisations and businesses may have internal polices which require that White Cards be obtained through specific training organisations, or by specific methods of training delivery. If in doubt, ask your prospective employer.
In NSW, NT & TAS the Card ceases to be current if the cardholder has not worked in the construction industry for two years or more.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Identifying relevant standards and legislation requirements related to working on a construction site
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identify ways to communicate risks and hazards to superiors and workers on site
- Applying basic risk management principles and assessment of construction work
- Identifying responsibilities and rights of workers and supervisors on site
- Applying safe work practices whilst working on construction sites
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Have access to valid ID (e.g. Driver’s Licence) - otherwise card cannot be issued
- Have at least a Year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English.
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Fire Warden Training
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Asbestos Awareness
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Provide First Aid Training
- White Card Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Silica Awareness
When I had any problems your support team was always there to assist.
Warren F. - Cessnock, NSWSMH Valley Maintenance
It was easy. I filled out the enrolment form & paid online, login details were emailed to me and in minutes I was in doing the course on my iPad. It only took me a couple of hours to complete and was actually quite fun to do! Thanks Pinnacle!