No region selected
Fire Extinguisher Training
Face to Face
Trains participants in the safe use of fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets.
|Location (Gold Coast)||Start Date||Places Left|
No dates for this region? Click here to see course dates in other centres near you.
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment for Confine Small Workplace Emergencies which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
2-3 hours, class size up to 15 people
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Our fire extinguisher training course is designed to ensure trainees are suitably instructed in the safe use of fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets. This course includes both a theory and a practical component to ensure that successful participants can safely attend and resolve confined small workplace fire incidents. This course is a must for all organisations that want to equip their employees with the expert knowledge needed in a first response emergency situation.
- Fire triangle theory
- Raising the alarm
- Fire safety and evacuation
- Classes of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Safety procedures when fighting fires
- Firefighting tactics
- Practical sessions:
- Using a fire extinguisher, fire hose reel and fire blanket, participants will gain hands-on practical experience with fire-fighting equipment. They will also be instructed in correct firefighting tactics and safety procedures.
- Training conducted by experienced Emergency Services specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure participants have the confidence to respond to small workplace emergencies
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
I really enjoyed the challenge this course presented, being a two-week condensed course. Les was very knowledgeable and covered all aspects, answering all questions and making the content interesting. The group was fantastic, very friendly and eager to help each other, which made the course even more enjoyable! I feel I have gained confidence from both the skills I have learnt and the way we presented our portfolio training tasks to the group, something I was not looking forward to at the start but found I really enjoyed. Overall, a very professional organisation and well presented training package, well done!