No region selected
Fire Extinguisher Training
Face to Face
Trains participants in the safe use of fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets.
Pinnacle currently run this training for groups only. Please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment for Confine Small Workplace Emergencies which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
2-3 hours, class size up to 15 people
Our fire extinguisher training course is designed to ensure trainees are suitably instructed in the safe use of fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets. This course includes both a theory and a practical component to ensure that successful participants can safely attend and resolve confined small workplace fire incidents. This course is a must for all organisations that want to equip their employees with the expert knowledge needed in a first response emergency situation.
- Fire triangle theory
- Raising the alarm
- Fire safety and evacuation
- Classes of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Safety procedures when fighting fires
- Firefighting tactics
- Practical sessions:
- Using a fire extinguisher, fire hose reel and fire blanket, participants will gain hands-on practical experience with fire-fighting equipment. They will also be instructed in correct firefighting tactics and safety procedures.
- Training conducted by experienced Emergency Services specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure participants have the confidence to respond to small workplace emergencies
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
Participants must provide own
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Fire Warden Training
- Chief Warden Training
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Respond to Wildfire
- Conduct Fire Team Operations Training
I would just like to say a thank you for all your positive feedback and advice on my submissions while completing this Diploma course. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed the whole process at Pinnacle and the way the course is set up, it actually makes the learner feel like they are a part of a real workplace i.e. the “ABC Corp”. Every scenario has been realistic with challenging but very relevant assignments. All in all I would not hesitate to recommend Pinnacle to anybody who wants to complete WHS qualifications.