No region selected
Fire Extinguisher Training
Face to Face
Trains participants in the safe use of fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets.
|Location (VIC)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment for Confine Small Workplace Emergencies which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
2-3 hours, class size up to 15 people
Our fire extinguisher training course is designed to ensure trainees are suitably instructed in the safe use of fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets. This course includes both a theory and a practical component to ensure that successful participants can safely attend and resolve confined small workplace fire incidents. This course is a must for all organisations that want to equip their employees with the expert knowledge needed in a first response emergency situation.
- Fire triangle theory
- Raising the alarm
- Fire safety and evacuation
- Classes of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Safety procedures when fighting fires
- Firefighting tactics
- Practical sessions:
- Using a fire extinguisher, fire hose reel and fire blanket, participants will gain hands-on practical experience with fire-fighting equipment. They will also be instructed in correct firefighting tactics and safety procedures.
- Training conducted by experienced Emergency Services specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure participants have the confidence to respond to small workplace emergencies
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
Participants must provide own
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
- Operate Breathing Apparatus
- Fire Warden Training
- Fire Warden and Chief Warden
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Respond to Wildfire
- Conduct Fire Team Operations Training
I had never dealt with a Forklift before. Our trainer Brad gave such a great knowledge and understanding of the theory which has helped have a thorough understanding of what safety measures we need in place and can assist in our business.