No region selected
Fire Extinguisher Training
Face to Face
Trains participants in the safe use of fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets.
|Location (VIC)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment for Confine Small Workplace Emergencies which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
2-3 hours, class size up to 15 people
Our fire extinguisher training course is designed to ensure trainees are suitably instructed in the safe use of fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets. This course includes both a theory and a practical component to ensure that successful participants can safely attend and resolve confined small workplace fire incidents. This course is a must for all organisations that want to equip their employees with the expert knowledge needed in a first response emergency situation.
- Fire triangle theory
- Raising the alarm
- Fire safety and evacuation
- Classes of fire
- Types of fire extinguishers
- Safety procedures when fighting fires
- Firefighting tactics
- Practical sessions:
- Using a fire extinguisher, fire hose reel and fire blanket, participants will gain hands-on practical experience with fire-fighting equipment. They will also be instructed in correct firefighting tactics and safety procedures.
- Training conducted by experienced Emergency Services specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure participants have the confidence to respond to small workplace emergencies
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
I recently completed the Cert IV WHS and found it to be a great course and very informative. I was doing this course online in my own time and pace, but I had hit a snag and couldn’t keep myself motivated to keep going. I called Pinnacle and explained my situation and they were more than considerate to my position. After a good chat with one of their consultants I had signed up for the next course in Sydney. My instructor was Ian and this guy to me was the guru of WHS, his knowledge was absolutely second to none and his manner in the classroom made you feel relaxed and confident with all the content that he delivered. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the classroom and learning from Ian, as well as learning from the other people in my class and the different areas that we all came from. Cheers guys.