No region selected
Advanced First Aid
Teaches participants how to respond to advanced first aid situations, and manage the incident including other first aiders until an ambulance or other medical support arrives.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- HLTAID001 - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
- HLTAID006 - Provide Advanced First Aid
Our Advanced First Aid course (incorporate Provide First Aid) is comprised of two components:
- Online Provide First Aid learning and assessment (approximately 4-5 hours - online)
- Face-to-face training and assessment (2 days - classroom)
- $445.00 pp for public courses
- 1 day option: Individuals who have completed ‘HLTAID003 - Provide first aid’ with within 3 months of the intended Advanced First Aid course date are eligible to skip the first day of the two day program. Please call us on 1300 990 810 to book.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
This nationally recognised advanced first aid training course covers a broad range of topics to enable participants to respond to advanced first aid situations and manage the incident and other first aiders until an ambulance or other medical support arrives.
Upon enrolment into this course you are required to complete the mandatory theory learning and assessment. This is done online in your own time prior to your face-to-face training days.
The Advanced First Aid certification remains current for three years, although the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends refreshing CPR skills annually.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Recognising and responding to an emergency situation
- Identifying, assessing and minimising immediate hazards
- Assessing a casualty and the situation
- Coordinating first aid activities until the arrival of medical assistance
- Deploying resources as per workplace procedures
- Visual and verbal secondary assessment of casualty
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), including Bag-Valve-Mask
- Basic triage for multiple casualty incidents
- Communicating incident details to emergency services and reporting incident as per workplace procedures
- Post incident debrief and evaluation
- Providing first aid in accordance with established first aid principles for injuries such as severe bleeding; burns; fractures, sprains and strains; head, neck and spinal injuries; shock; cardiac arrest and envenomation
- Access to a leading online learning program built ground-up by industry experts
- Face to face training conducted by an experienced Emergency Services instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines, and first aid techniques
- Plenty of practical hands-on training
- Recommendations and advice for specialised first aid equipment for a particular workplace.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Have completed the Provide First Aid pre-course e-Learning and exam prior to attending the scheduled face-to-face training day
- Prerequisite for attending day two only: You must have attained HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid certificate within the last three months with Pinnacle Safety and Training
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
For the online training component, participants must:
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
Excellent work running this on a Saturday. Certainly fitted in well with the self-employed and small business guys. I will recommend this to the other guys I work with who live in Brisbane.