No region selected
Advanced Resuscitation Training
Face to Face
Designed to train participants in how to respond to first aid emergencies using oxygen resuscitation equipment and semi-automatic external defibrillators.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496)
National units of competency
- HLTAID009 - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID015 - Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy
- For group bookings, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Our advanced resuscitation training course is designed to train participants in how to respond to first aid emergencies using oxygen resuscitation equipment and semi-automatic external defibrillators. This course is designed for First Aiders to manage patient care until the arrival of an ambulance.
This course is taught by Emergency Medical Response professionals who are able to capably demonstrate the practical ways to provide advanced resuscitation to patients.
This training course involves hand-on experience for advanced patient care using oxygen equipment and defibrillators.
NOTE: Advanced resuscitation must be updated every 12 months
- Chain of survival for cardiac arrests
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Recovery position
- Oxygen safety
- Oxygen therapy
- Oxygen powered resuscitation
- Oxygen manual resuscitation (BVM’s)
- Oropharyngeal (OP) airways
- Suction equipment
- Automatic external defibrillators use and safety
- Semi-automatic external defibrillators
- Handover to medical care
- Support for first responders post critical incident
- Face to face training conducted by an experienced Emergency Services instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines, and first aid techniques
- Plenty of practical hands-on training
- Course book
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Hold the mandatory prerequisites (see below)
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
- To attend this program, you must hold HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- This certification has a validity of three years, therefore your certificate must have been attained in the last three years.