No region selected
Occupational First Aid Training
Face to Face
Designed to give occupational first aiders the skills to respond to first aid emergencies for injuries and illnesses in the workplace.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496)
National units of competency
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- HLTAID006 - Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID007 - Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID008 - Manage first aid services and resources
Our occupational first aid training course is designed to give trainees the skills to respond to first aid emergencies where specialist medical help may be some time away or where as a First Aider you may have to manage the workplace first aid room.
This course is taught by Emergency Medical Response professionals.
This course takes participants to a higher level of training and is designed to train First Aiders to manage patient care until the arrival of an Ambulance during complex incidents and emergencies.
NOTE: Occupational first aid refresher is required every three years. Advanced Resuscitation must be updated every 12 months.
- First aid overview
- Advanced resuscitation
- Oxygen therapy and resuscitation
- Oropharyngeal (OP) airways
- Airway suction
- Advanced airway management
- Defibrillator usage
- Spinal collars and spine boards
- Eye injuries, head injuries, abdominal injuries
- Blood pressure and vital signs
- Recording patient care
- Remote first aid
- Occupational illnesses
- Medications and pharmacology
- Confined spaces and workplace hazards
- Psychological emergencies
- Course book
- First Aid Textbook: Emergency First Aid
- To attend this program, you must hold
- HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid
- HLTFA301C Apply First Aid.
- These certifications have a validity of three years, therefore your certificate must have been attained in the last three years.
“Why require a Provide First Aid certificate, and then re-issue it during the course?”
Our Occupational First Aid program is an in-depth first aid program. Students are required to be at a Provide First Aid level (or higher) to ensure we can impart all the required skills and knowledge in the time allocated. We choose to re-issue Provide First Aid because we cover these concepts during the course at an Occupational First Aid level. Because Provide First Aid has a validity of three years, our students have the benefit of having this certification re-issued, enabling three year validity.
I was very happy with the content and delivery of this course and I am pleased with the feedback I have had from other participants. Daniel ran engaging sessions and clearly brought considerable professional and personal experience into play with his delivery. Thank you.