No region selected
Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
Face to Face
Provides participants with the knowledge and skills to operate an elevating work platform (EWP) with a boom length over 11m, and undertake the assessment required to receive their high-risk work licence.
|Location (Regional VIC)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency:
- TLILIC0005 - Licence to Operate a Boom-Type Elevating Work Platform (Boom Length 11 Metres or More)
Pre-Course Study and Assessment
To optimise your chance of success, each participant is required to undertake mandatory pre-course study, and complete an online assessment. The link to commence this study will be provided at time of booking.
An elevating work platform (EWP) is either a telescoping device, hinged device, articulated device, or a combination of these used to support a platform from which personnel, equipment or materials can be elevated to perform work. Pinnacle Safety and Training’s EWP course covers the functions required to operate boom-type elevating work platforms with a boom length of 11 metres or more. Upon successfully completing this course, participants will have the required formal logbook training and assessment results to be eligible to apply for a High Risk Work (HRW) Licence. [NSW link] [VIC link] [QLD link] [WA link]
- Assessing hazards and planning the work
- Conducting routine checks of equipment
- Setting up the elevating work platform
- Operating the elevating work platform
- Shutting down and securing the elevating work platform
Frequently Asked Questions
- Training conducted by an experienced mobile elevating plant operator
- Assessment conducted by an independent Accredited Assessor
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for elevating work platforms and working at height
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Practical hands-on EWP training to ensure participants can safely and competently operate EWPs
- On assessment day, we limit numbers to seven participants to optimise amount of 1:1 time and practical training.
Each Trainee Must Provide
Jason was excellent in both the theory and practical sides. With his years of industry experience he could explain why and when to do certain things for safety while operating the EWP. I gained lots of confidence in myself with Jason’s help.
Nathan C. - Brisbane, QLDPublic Course Participant
Peter was an excellent trainer with immediate answers to all the questions asked. He had a strong knowledge of the course content. Even when it came to queries I had about WorkSafe (which were outside the scope of the course), he went out of his way to find out the answers for me. Was very pleased with both the standard and the delivery of the course.
David C. - Perth, WAPublic Course Participant
Thanks to your team. Also good to see a real course where you do learn and have to earn the qualification rather than just get approved because you “turned up”. Hopefully this will keep the level of the people in the industry at a high quality and will actually mean the qualifications hold some value in the workplace.