No region selected
Working at Heights - 2 day
Face to Face
In-depth training for supervisors of teams working at height, and anyone needing to develop and test rescue plans for work at heights. Contains a large practical rescue component. 100% face-to-face training.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
|Location (Gold Coast)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Gold Coast - Helensvale||Tue, Mar 09, 2021 (7:30am)||
5 Places LeftBook Now
|Gold Coast - Helensvale||Thu, Apr 08, 2021 (7:30am)||
4 Places LeftBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment for Height Safety Supervisor which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- RIIWHS204D - Work Safely at Heights
- RIIRIS201D - Conduct Local Risk Control
2 days. Allow two 8-hour days. The second day can run long depending on group size. 10 hours is not uncommon.
- $478.00 pp for public courses
- QLD: Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. If eligible, pay only $253.00 - save $225.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
- 1 day option: Individuals who can provide a statement of attainment for ‘RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights’ attained within the last 12 months are eligible to book in to attend just the second day of this program at a cost of $239.00 pp. Please call us on 1300 990 810 to book.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Australian Standard AS1891.4 recognises the role of Height Safety Supervisor as requiring the following:
“Training and assessment in skills needed to:
- perform harness based work at heights unsupervised
- supervise entry level and other operators
- participate in first response rescue.”
Standard work at height training (RIIWHS204D) does not meet all of these requirements.
Pinnacle Safety and Training is the biggest work at height skills training organisation in the country, and we have developed this course in consultation with industry to provide a greater depth of real-world knowledge and practical hands-on training for supervisors and advanced workers.
“Taking work at heights training to the next level”
Did you know that as of January 2012, it is a requirement under WHS legislation that if a fall-arrest system is in use, there must be a rescue procedure in place, and this procedure must be tested to ensure it is effective?
This course provides instruction on the development of an appropriate rescue plan for response to a suspended casualty working in a fall arrest system.
Students conduct specialist rescue operations, utilising systems and techniques to raise or lower a casualty to the nearest point of safety.
Students will spend a significant amount of time in practical, hands-on rescue scenarios using a range of available rescue products (e.g. Gotcha Kit and Controlled Rate Descent (CRD) rescue scenarios).
RIIWHS204D - Work Safely at Heights
Training can be conducted at your work site or off-site at any of our purpose-built training facility. Work at heights training is focused on fall prevention rather than fall arrest. It is designed to equip workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work in any height situation, primarily being aimed at general construction, maintenance, mining, large factories or other work situations where work is conducted anywhere where a fall from one level to another is possible.
Pinnacle Safety and Training recognises that whilst there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. We will always customise the course to suit your unique workplace requirements. Training covers risk assessment, selection and correct use of equipment, selection of anchors, fall restraint, work positioning and fall arrest systems (including practical setup and use).
RIIRIS201D - Conduct Local Risk Control
This unit covers the requirements of risk management processes in the resources and infrastructure industries. It includes identifying hazards; assessing risk and identifying unacceptable risk; identifying, assessing and implementing risk treatments; and completing records and reports.
During the course we will assist you to develop your work method statements and risk assessments for working at height. All workers who conduct or supervise tasks whilst at height will find this course beneficial to workplace safety. This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with successful trainees receiving a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
Specialist skills: Tower Crane Rescue, Jump Form Rescue, Pole Top Rescue, Escape from EWP
For companies and groups with specific work environments, we have the ability to contextualise this course to specific height scenarios, and teach (and allow students to practically apply) the most appropriate rescue methodologies to use in each case. The most common variations we perform regularly are:
- Tower Crane Rescue (escaping a tower crane, as well as rescuing a tower-crane operator) (see also: Tower Climbing and Rescue)
- Jump Form Rescue (rescuing an injured worker trapped within the jump-form (lift-shaft) during building construction)
- Pole-Top Rescue (rescuing a worker from a pole, tower, antenna or mast)
- EWP Rescue, or EWP Controlled Descent Escape (self-rescue from an elevating work platform)
If you require training in any of the above disciplines, please give us a call on 1300 990 810 to discuss your requirements.
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selection of solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems (avoidance)
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Basic emergency care skills
- Developing rescue plans, and testing them to prove their effectiveness
- Fallen worker retrieval skills (hands-on training)
- Training conducted by experienced Height Safety Specialist
- Two 8-hour days of training. The second day can run long depending on group size. 10 hours is not uncommon.
- Up to 8 trainees per course.
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working at height
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Strong training in the risk management process
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe at height
- Practical rescue training
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Prerequisite for attending day 2 only: You must hold a ‘RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights’ certificate attained within the last 12 months. If this was not attained at Pinnacle, you must provide a copy to us prior to your day of training. This is to ensure participants can apply all of the basic safe work at height principles (as these are not taught on the second day).
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses, ascenders, descenders etc.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear.
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Working at Heights - 2 day
- Working at Heights - Half day Refresher
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
- Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Stormseal Accredited Installer
I just want to say this was my first experience with Pinnacle Safety and Training and Sebastian was one of the best trainers I’ve ever had. I’ve done a few courses and plan on doing my Vertical Rescue with Pinnacle.
David R. - Brisbane, QLDRiviera Marine
The presenter, David, was fantastic. He is very patient, experienced and knowledgable and encouraged plenty of interaction from the students. He gets 11 out of 10.
Ian P. - Malvern East, VICEnviromet Meteorological Consultants
Jay’s training style and experience was very good with strong hands on exercises. Jay answered all questions raised and was helpful throughout the course.