No region selected
Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
Face to Face
Provides participants with the knowledge and skills to perform work while suspended in a vertical environment.
|Location (QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Gold Coast - Helensvale||Mon, Jan 20, 2020 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableCall Us
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Feb 03, 2020 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableCall Us
Industrial rope access (aka twin rope access) training AS4488 is designed to provide workers with the knowledge and skills to perform work while suspended in a vertical environment. Training covers:
- Risk assessment procedures
- Installation of anchor systems
- Industrial abseiling skills
- Rope ascending techniques
- Work methods
- Mobility at height
- Rescue procedures
This four day course with a fifth day for assessments is suitable for any worker/company who will be required to conduct work such as maintenance or inspection whilst fully suspended at height. Typical work scenarios are:
- High rise window cleaning
- Industrial abseiling
- Painting or maintenance
- Sign installation
- Work on bridges, power stations, mines, cliffs etc.
Training is designed to be as realistic as possible and enable you to work effectively as a rope access technician.
- All necessary equipment can be provided (although we encourage you to bring your own)
- Training conducted by experienced Rope Access Technician
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working at height
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of rope access works to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure rope access technicians can ensure personal safety whilst performing suspended works
- SPRAT assessment and qualification issuance fees
Each Trainee Must Provide
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses, ascenders, descenders etc.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- This training is realistic and . It is important that all personnel who attend this course are physically fit and have a head for heights. You will be ascending ropes and hanging in harnesses for extended periods in order to conduct rescues. If you do not possess the fitness/strength to ascend ropes under your own strength, you will be unable to demonstrate the competence required for this program.
Prerequisite for Level 1
- A current (within 24 months) Work Safely at Heights certificate (RIIWHS204D or equivalent).
Prerequisites for Level 2
- A current ARAA or SPRAT level 1 certification.
- At least 500 logged hours employing twin-rope system at level 1 within last 3 years (supervisor-signed and verified).
Prerequisites for Level 3
- A current ARAA or SPRAT level 2 certification.
- At least 1,000 logged hours employing twin-rope system within last 3 years (supervisor-signed and verified).
Direct Entry Requirements
I have a Rope Access qualification from a different industry body (e.g. IRATA, ARAA etc.) and I would like to translate this to a SPRAT qualification (i.e. do a Direct Entry to SPRAT). What is involved?
Direct entry is available to candidates who can show proof of their experience in rope access. The requirements for direct entry into Levels 2 and 3 are outlined on the SPRAT website, in the section Certification Requirements for Rope Access Work found on the Public Documents page. To apply:
- Print and fill out a Pre-Approval Application (Level 3 Application / Level 2 Application).
- Scan it and email it along with copies of all the necessary documentation to email@example.com at least 6 weeks before your course start date as all documentation related to direct entry must be approved by the Evaluations Committee in advance of your course start date.
- Call Pinnacle Safety and Training on 1300 990 810 to pay your non-refundable SPRAT Direct Entry Application Fee by credit card. SPRAT currently charge $250 USD for a Level 2 Direct Entry application and $350 USD for Level 3. Pinnacle will convert this to the Australian dollar equivalent at the time of taking your credit card details.
- Pinnacle will send all your Direct Entry information to SPRAT to be assessed, and SPRAT will notify you of the outcome of your Direct Entry application.
*Please note the Direct Entry fee does not include the certification processing cost assessed following the completion of a successful evaluation.
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Working at Heights - 2 day
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
- Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Stormseal Accredited Installer
- Drill Rig Rescue Training
Trainer James was very good and very meticulous in the way he did things. I felt very safe and by the end I felt confident in my ability.