No region selected
Face to Face
Designed for anyone who may be required to perform rope-based rescues to extract injured personnel from difficult to access terrain.
|Location (Brisbane)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Aug 01, 2022 (7:30am)||
5 Places LeftBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Sep 26, 2022 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Mon, Nov 28, 2022 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- PUASAR032 - Undertake Vertical Rescue
- PUASAR022 - Participate in a Rescue Operation
4 days off-site at our facility or 4-5 days depending on complexity if held on-site.
- $1295.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Our nationally recognised vertical rescue course is designed for anyone who may be required to perform rope-based rescues to extract injured personnel from difficult to access terrain. This training course is taught by experienced emergency services instructors who will perform rescue scenarios that are relevant to your work site. This training course is very hands on with 75% of the time being ‘on ropes’ and performing rescue scenarios.
Various types of equipment can be covered depending on the complexity of the types of rescue methods applicable at the site. Training and course subjects will be completely tailored to the requirements of the work site. Following the training course, all competent trainees will be capable of responding to various on-site rope rescue emergencies.
Pinnacle Safety and Training has built a solid reputation as a provider of real-world rope rescue skills. The course is delivered over four days minimum. The skills taught will be tailored to your workplace requirements and contexts such as:
- Mine sites
- Power stations
- Cliffs and canyons
- Confined spaces
- Ships and vessels etc.
- AS4488 and AS1891.4
- Software theory: harness, ropes etc
- Hardware theory
- Knots and hitches
- Anchor points and systems
- Suspension intolerance
- Abseiling skills
- Rope ascension skills
- Rescue team ethos and ideals
- Lowering and raising systems
- Stretcher escorting and patient handling
- ‘Pick off’ rescues
- Safety Officer and Team Leader roles and responsibilities
- Belay systems and climbing skills (Optional)
- Decline traverses (Optional)
- Tyrolean traverses (Optional)
- All necessary equipment (although we encourage you to bring your own)
- Training conducted by an experienced emergency services instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Practical hands-on training
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for a particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work to be undertaken.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses, ascenders, descenders etc.
- Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- This training is realistic and very physical. It is important that all personnel who attend this course have a head for heights. You will be ascending ropes and hanging in harnesses for extended periods in order to conduct rescues. If you do not possess the fitness/strength to climb towers and other structures under your own strength, you will be unable to demonstrate the competence required for this program.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants, closed-in shoes and suitable sun-protection clothing
- Bring their own sunscreen.
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Working at Heights - 2 day
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
- Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Stormseal Accredited Installer
I was on the Vertical Rescue and Confined Space Rescue course last week and found the training from Kevin sensational. His knowledge and enthusiasm was terrific and he was very understanding and patient with the different levels of experience. I took a lot away from the training and will recommend it to others.
Jarrod G. - Brisbane, QLDPublic Course Participant
Lester is a fantastic trainer, with his in depth knowledge of rescue techniques. Highly recommended.
Mark A. - NW QLDMMG
Thank you Pinnacle. I thoroughly enjoyed my Confined Space Rescue and Vertical Rescue course. Kevin, our trainer, was excellent in the delivery of technical theory and practical expertise and made our time fly. Kevin is an asset to your company and I would be more than happy to recommend Pinnacle for any CS and VR potential students. Thank you again.