No region selected
Stormseal Accredited Installer
Face to Face
Covers the theoretical and practical aspects of installing Stormseal, a product that provides emergency storm damage protection for properties, along with a refreshment of the Work Safely at Heights course.
|Location (SE QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Tue, Jun 11, 2019 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Additionally, successful students will receive a certificate and wallet card stating Stormseal Accredited Installer.
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights
1 day (allow up to 10 hours)
- $495.00 pp for public course (if you hold the prerequisite of Work Safely at Heights attained within the last 24 months).
- If participants do not hold the above prerequisite, Pinnacle will offer a discounted rate of $199.00 pp to achieve this. Call our friendly Sales and Service team on 1300 990 810 to arrange.
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
Stormseal is an innovative, patented, Australian product designed to provide emergency storm damage protection for homes and businesses. This nationally recognised course covers theoretical and practical aspects of installing Stormseal together with refreshment of the Work Safely at Heights RIIWHS204D course.
During the course we will assist you to develop safe work method statements and risk assessments for installing Stormseal film whilst working at height. This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with successful trainees receiving a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Training is conducted at one of our purpose built training facilities. Stormseal installation at heights training is focused on Stormseal film installation together with fall prevention rather than fall arrest. It is designed to equip workers with the knowledge and skills to safely install Stormseal in any height situation, primarily being aimed at insurance works, mainstream construction, including residential & commercial as well as strata & maintenance.
Pinnacle Safety and Training recognises that whilst there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. We will always customise the course to suit your unique workplace requirements. Training covers risk assessment, selection and correct use of Stormseal products, rigging and of anchor systems, fall restraint, work positioning and fall arrest systems.
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Stormseal product overview
- Stormseal installation instruction and practical
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage, with focus on temporary anchor systems on residential roofs
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- The use of Stormseal in an “at-height” environment
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Training conducted by a Stormseal-approved Height Safety Specialist
- One 10-hour day of training. Up to 8 trainees per course. A typical course runs from 0730-1730
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working at height
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe at height
Each Trainee Must Provide
- All participants must hold RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights attained within the last 24 months. If students do not hold this prerequisite, Pinnacle will offer a discounted rate of $199.00 pp to achieve this prior to your Stormseal training day. Call our friendly Sales and Service team on 1300 990 810 to arrange.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses, Stormseal film, all required tools etc.
- We also encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear.
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Working at Heights - 2 day
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
- Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
- Rope Access Training (ARAA)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Stormseal Accredited Installer
- Drill Rig Rescue Training
David had a great knowledge base and made the content actually interesting to learn.