No region selected
Working at Heights - 1 day
Face to Face
Equips workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work at height in various situations. 100% face-to-face training.
|Location (Regional VIC)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights
1 day (approximately 8 hours)
- $289.00 pp for public courses. Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- Combine and save! Book Working At Heights and Confined Space Entry together and save $120! Call us to take advantage of this special offer.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR VICTORIANS
In accordance with Victorian Government restrictions, courses scheduled until 25 October (inclusive) are limited to students that are ‘permitted workers’. All students attending courses during this period will need to present their Permitted Worker Permit and photo ID on the day of their course. If you are not a permitted worker, please book in for a course after 26 October 2020.
Pinnacle Safety and Training train more people to work safely at heights than any other provider in Australia.
This nationally recognised course covers theoretical and practical aspects of working at height.
During the course we will assist you to develop safe work method statements and risk assessments for working at height. All workers who conduct or supervise tasks whilst at height will find this course beneficial to workplace safety. This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with successful trainees receiving a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Training can be conducted at your work site or off-site at one of our purpose built training facilities. Work at heights training is focused on fall prevention rather than fall arrest. It is designed to equip workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work in any height situation, primarily being aimed at general construction, maintenance, mining, large factories or other work situations where work is conducted in a place where a fall from one level to another is possible.
Pinnacle Safety and Training recognises that whilst there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. We will always customise the course to suit your unique workplace requirements. Training covers risk assessment, selection and correct use of equipment, rigging and of anchor systems, fall restraint, work positioning and fall arrest systems.
For supervisors of work at height or anyone needing to develop rescue plans, please consider undertaking Working at Heights - 2 day training. Remember: Having a tested, effective rescue plan for all work at heights where a fall is possible is the law!
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Training conducted by experienced Height Safety Specialist
- One 8-hour day of training. Up to 12 trainees per course. A typical course runs from 0730-1730
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for working at height
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe at height
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training including harnesses etc.
- We encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear.
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
As a new entry level person I was made to feel a part of the group and class. The trainers ensured I was up to speed with the group and answered all my questions and more importantly encouraged me to ask questions. The training keeps you very interested and keyed into the subjects you’re learning. I did the Work Safely at Heights course and learned so much! The best part was also to see guys who were in the mining / construction sectors just doing a refresher course also learning new and updated things and they were kept on their toes with the trainers expertise. I have a major fear of heights but with the help of my trainers who encouraged me throughout the entire practical part of the course I was able to complete everything required. They were patient and extremely helpful. An excellent course with excellent trainers - I would highly recommend Pinnacle Safety and Training to anyone.
John R. - Hammond Park, WAPublic Course Participant
Trainer had relevant industry background and was well spoken and articulate. Online booking was without complications, prompt, professional and reassuring of what the training would be. Would recommend this course to anyone! Thank you.
Reinhard G. - Eltham, VICPublic Course Participant
Overall very good trainer, explained things well and answered all questions. I would recommend others to do this course. It’s very knowledgeable and fun. I completed it and now I can start my new job.