No region selected
Working at Heights and Confined Space Combined
Combine and save! Equips workers with the knowledge and skills to safely work at height, perform basic risk assessments and enter a confined space to conduct work under an issued permit. Online + hands on practical.
|Location (Brisbane)||Start Date||Places Left|
No dates for this region? Click here to see course dates in other centres near you.
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS204E - Work safely at heights
- RIIWHS202E - Enter and work in confined spaces
- MSMPER200 - Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER205 - Enter confined space
- MSMPER202 - Observe permit work
Our Working at Heights and Confined Space course is comprised of two components:
- Online learning and assessment (we estimate learners new to these programs may take approximately 6-8 hours - online)
- Hands on practical training and assessment (approximately 8 hours - at Pinnacle training centre)
- $399.00 pp introductory special for public courses
- Only need Work Safely at Heights? Pay just $229, click here for more information and to book
- Only need Confined Space entry training? Pay just $229, click here for more information and to book
- Funding available through CSQ for eligible participants (QLD only). Find out more.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Pinnacle Safety and Training train more people in heights and confined space than any other provider in Australia.
This course combines both Work Safely at Heights with Confined Space Entry training to meet the specific needs of employers, industries and workers in Australia.
This is an initial training course in these disciplines and is suitable for both workers without prior experience, or workers who have completed this training many times before. Because of the online learning components, we recommend this course to those participants with strong computer literacy skills. If you’re not the best with computers - no problem! We also offer each of these courses in a 100% face-to-face format. For the 100% face-to-face Work Safely at Heights course, click here. For the 100% face-to-face Confined Space course, click here.
What is a confined space?
According to the Safe Work Australia Code of Practice, a “confined space” means an enclosed or partially enclosed space that:
- is not designed or intended primarily to be occupied by a person;
- is, or is designed or intended to be, at normal atmospheric pressure while any person is in the space;
- is or is likely to be a risk to health and safety from:
- an atmosphere that does not have a safe oxygen level,
- contaminants, including airborne gases, vapours and dusts, that may cause injury from fire or explosion,
- harmful concentrations of any airborne contaminants,
This course is recommended for:
- Workers who will be performing heights or confined space work, but are not required to write a permit or wear breathing apparatus
- Mine site workers and managers
- Electrical engineers
- Safety inspectors
- Safety personnel
- Maintenance personnel
- Emergency services personnel (fire, ambulance, police)
- WHS/OHS officers
- Risk managers
- Telecommunications and cable installation personnel
- Transport industry workers
For supervisors of work at height or anyone needing to develop rescue plans, please consider undertaking Working at Heights - 2 day training. Remember: Having a tested, effective rescue plan for all work at heights where a fall is possible is the law!
Likewise, for more advanced confined space training including issuing permits, acting in the role of standby person, or planning and supervising confined space operations, see our Confined Space - 2 day course. This advanced training is required for anyone who may be required to control the works in the space via permit issuing or otherwise supervise confined space operations.
Working at Heights:
- Access to our online learning platform with interactive learning modules for Heights and Confined Spaces, built and tested by industry experts
- Access to a dedicated Online Faculty at Pinnacle to assist you with your online learning, if you need it
- The freedom to study when you like and go at your own pace.
Hands On Practical Component:
- Hands-on, practical training conducted by experienced heights and confined space specialist
- One 8-hour day of training. Up to 12 trainees per course. A typical course runs from 0730-1630
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training and scenario-driven learning to ensure workers can be safe and comply with relevant standards and legislation
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Have completed the pre-course online learning and assessments prior to attending the scheduled face-to-face training day
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Provide their own transport and lunch
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake the practical training.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
Online learning requirements
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Working at Heights - 2 day
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
- Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Stormseal Accredited Installer
I’ve just completed a combined Working at Heights & Confined Space tickets. Extensive theory process online and very informative. Practical training and test was well presented, Peter was an awesome teacher, made the course run smooth and easy. Excellent training facility, would definitely go back for more training and recommend Pinnacle Safety and Training.
John R. - Cockburn Central, WAPublic Course Participant
Did a full day yesterday for Working Safely at Heights and Confined Spaces. I had a great day… got all the necessary training to stay safe in the workplace and our trainer Mitch was amazing. Very funny, knowledgable and supportive; made it an enjoyable experience for everyone. The practicals were so much fun and I learnt a lot. Thanks Mitch 😊