No region selected
Working at Heights - Half day Refresher
Face to Face
Provides previously trained individuals with the ability to refresh their working at heights knowledge and skills in a shorter timeframe.
|Location (SE QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights
Our Working at Heights Refresher course is comprised of two components:
- Online learning and assessment (approximately 3-4 hours - online)
- Hands on practical training and assessment (approximately 4 hours - at Pinnacle training centre)
Pinnacle Safety and Training train more people to work safely at heights than any other provider in Australia.
Techniques and legislation change over time, which is why it’s critical that workers refresh their skills and knowledge.
The refresher interval for Work Safely at Heights depends on both employer guidelines, and site procedures. The Code of Practice stipulates that “training frequency should take into account the worker’s competence and their ability to retain competence through regular exposure to the equipment and skills needed to perform a rescue”. We find most employers mandate a 24 month currency period for this unit of competency.
Pinnacle Safety and Training recognises that whilst there is a standard set of learning outcomes for this course, the context and environment in which the learning is applied is varied. We will always aim to customise the course to suit your unique workplace requirements. Training covers risk assessment, selection and correct use of equipment, rigging and of anchor systems, fall restraint, work positioning and fall arrest systems.
For supervisors of work at height or anyone needing to develop rescue plans, please consider undertaking Working at Heights - 2 day training. Remember: Having a tested, effective rescue plan for all work at heights where a fall is possible is the law!
This is a refresher course. To be eligible to enrol into this course you must provide evidence that you have attained the following competency within the last 24 month period:
- RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Cards or Statements of Attainment will be requested prior to attending and may also be supplied on the day of your training course. If cards are provided they must state the units of competence, date attained and identify the training provider that issued the card.
IMPORTANT! Read Before Booking!
Participants who book for the course and arrive but do not meet the eligibility criteria (e.g do not hold correct units that are less than 24 months old) will have no recourse. These participants will be unable to attend and are not eligible for a refund. If unsure if you hold appropriate units of competence, please call us on 1300 990 810 for guidance.
If you do not hold these, see our Working at Heights 1 day program.
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training
- Access to our online learning platform with interactive learning module built and tested by industry experts
- Access to a dedicated Online Faculty at Pinnacle to assist you with your online learning, if you need it
- The freedom to study when you like and go at your own pace.
Hands On Practical Component:
- Practical training conducted by experienced working at heights specialist
- Half day (approx. 4 hours) of hands-on, practical training. Up to 12 trainees per course.
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work to be undertaken
- Scenario-driven learning to ensure workers can be safe and comply with relevant standards and legislation
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Have previously completed RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights within the last 24 months, and supply Statement of Attainment prior to the course. If you cannot meet this requirement, you are still able to refresh your Working at Heights by attending our 1 day course
- Have completed the pre-course online learning and assessments prior to attending the scheduled face-to-face training
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Provide their own transport and lunch
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
- We can supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake the practical training.
- We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
Online learning requirements
- Use a device that meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). Other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) may be compatible, but due to the variety available, we do not officially support these devices.
- Have a stable internet connection.
- Use a device that can play sound.
- Working at Heights - Online Theory + Half Day Practical
- Working at Heights - 1 day
- Working at Heights - 2 day
- Working at Heights - Half day Refresher
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Under 11m
- Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Over 11m
- Rope Access Training (SPRAT)
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Height Safety Equipment Inspection
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Stormseal Accredited Installer
The trainers really know their stuff. It’s not all boring bookwork. They incorporate real world scenario and stories to help you stay engaged.