No region selected
Generic Induction (GI) Refresher
Face to Face
All mine workers in Queensland are required to refresh their GI competencies every 5 years.
|Location (Brisbane)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Wed, Oct 09, 2019 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Wed, Nov 06, 2019 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
This GI Refresher Course provides experienced workers with the opportunity to refresh their previously attained GI competencies in a reduced timeframe.
GI is the new Generic Induction (GI) course for anyone working in Queensland in the coal mining industry. The units of competency within this course can be used towards completion of more advanced courses such as RII20213 Certificate II in Surface Extraction Operations or RII30713 Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue if required.
The GI program is the most universally accepted induction program in Australian mining. However, individuals and contractors should confirm induction requirements with the site they will be working on before attending an induction to ensure the process aligns with site processes and is recognised by site.
The GI Refresher course that we offer is the industry-recognised Energy Skills Queensland (ESQ) GI Safety Induction Refresher. Each participant that is deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment from Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496) and the ESQ GI SkillPASS Card.
National units of competency
- RIIWHS201D - Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIERR205D - Apply initial response first aid.
- RIIGOV201D - Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIRIS201D - Conduct local risk control.
- RIICOM201D - Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR302D - Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- $349.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
All mine workers in Queensland are required to have completed an initial GI or Standard 11 induction program. 1 July 2016 marks five years since this was legislated. It is also legislated that the competencies that form the GI/Standard 11 program are to be refreshed every five years. This refresher course allows competent participants to be re-issued the competencies required of the GI/Standard 11.
This course will refresh participants’ knowledge and skills in the following topic areas related to the mining industry:
- General mining overview
- General safety
- Managing workplace hazards
- Risk management
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Site communication equipment and systems
- Traffic and mobile equipment procedures
- Life saving first aid
- Local emergency and incident response
- Fire fighting and fire prevention
- The environment
- The work process
- Training conducted by an experienced instructor with strong knowledge of Australian mining regulations, relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Practical hands-on training
- Each participant that is deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment from Pinnacle Safety and Training and the ESQ GI SkillPASS Card.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Provide copies of previously attained GI/Standard 11 competencies
- Confirm current employment in the mining industry within the last 24 months
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
As a new entry level person I was made to feel a part of the group and class. The trainers ensured I was up to speed with the group and answered all my questions and more importantly encouraged me to ask questions. The training keeps you very interested and keyed into the subjects you’re learning. I did the Work Safely at Heights course and learned so much! The best part was also to see guys who were in the mining / construction sectors just doing a refresher course also learning new and updated things and they were kept on their toes with the trainers expertise. I have a major fear of heights but with the help of my trainers who encouraged me throughout the entire practical part of the course I was able to complete everything required. They were patient and extremely helpful. An excellent course with excellent trainers - I would highly recommend Pinnacle Safety and Training to anyone.