No region selected
Generic Induction (GI) - Standard 11 Compliant
Face to Face
Provides both experienced and inexperienced workers with a pathway from which they can enter the mining industry in Australia.
|Location (Central QLD)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Gladstone||Thu, Jun 10, 2021 (7:30am)||
Sold OutAdd Me To Waitlist
|Gladstone||Mon, Jun 21, 2021 (7:30am)||
Places AvailableBook Now
This GI Course provides both experienced and inexperienced workers with a pathway from which they can enter the mining industry in Australia. GI is the new Generic Induction (GI) course for anyone working in Queensland in the coal mining industry. The GI Programme provides training and assessment for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII) Units of Competency which are specified in Recognised Standard 11, Training in Coal Mines (Qld Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999). The units of competency within this course can be used towards completion of more advanced courses such as RII20215 Certificate II in Surface Extraction Operations or RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue if required.
The GI program is the most universally accepted induction program in Australian mining. However, individuals and contractors should confirm induction requirements with the site they will be working on before attending an induction to ensure the process aligns with site processes and is recognised by site.
The GI program that we offer is the industry-recognised Energy Skills Queensland (ESQ) GI Safety Induction. Each participant that is deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment from Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496) and the ESQ GI SkillPASS Card.
National units of competency
- RIIWHS201D - Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIERR205D - Apply initial response first aid.
- RIIGOV201D - Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIRIS201D - Conduct local risk control.
- RIICOM201D - Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR302E - Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- 2 days face-to-face course conducted at our purpose-built training facility
- $649.00 pp for public courses
- Book online and save $10.00! (scroll up, find your date, and click Book Now)
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
The GI Coal Surface course (sometimes referred to as ‘GIQ’ or ‘Standard 11’) is a necessity for any individual working in the Queensland coal mining industry. This course replaces the previous GIQ course and is in accordance with the recognised Standard 11 for training in coal mines, as set by the Queensland Mining Safety Inspectorate.
The purpose of this course is to introduce participants to the following components of the mining industry:
- General mining overview
- General safety
- Managing workplace hazards
- Risk management
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Traffic and mobile equipment procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Life saving first aid
- Fire fighting and fire prevention
- The environment
- The work process.
RIIWHS201D - Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
RIIERR205D - Apply initial response first aid
Assess the situation, apply basic first aid and complete incident reports
RIIGOV201D - Comply with site work processes/procedures
Access and apply site safety procedures, apply personal safety measures, maintain personal wellbeing, and complete site related forms and reports
RIIRIS201D - Conduct local risk control
Hazard ID, risk assessment and control in a mine environment
RIICOM201D - Communicate in the workplace
Identify, access and use site communication equipment and systems, carry out work related communication, and complete written documentation
RIIERR302E - Respond to local emergencies and incidents
Prepare and respond to emergencies in a mine environment
Students gain first-hand experience from our instructors with extensive industry expertise and work through a series of real life scenarios.
At the end of the two day course, participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment and GI Passport.
The refresher period for the GI coal course is five years. This means individuals can refresh their induction at the discretion of mining companies, within a five year period.
- All training material
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Each participant that is deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment and the ESQ GI SkillPASS Card.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Provide own lunch
- Arrive in suitable attire including long sleeves, pants, and closed-in footwear - this is required to complete the practical components on day 2.
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Generic Induction (GI) - Standard 11 Compliant
- Generic Induction (GI) Refresher
- Mining Supervisor - G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3)
- Risk Facilitator - G2
David had a great knowledge base and made the content actually interesting to learn.
Mitchell R. - Brisbane, QLDPublic Course Participant
It was a very full-on two days doing the Generic Induction (mining S11) course. The instructor, Sam knew her topics very well and provided additional information which was very informative. The practical elements were excellent to learn from too.