No region selected
Safely Access the Rail Corridor
Provides participants with the knowledge, training and skills to effectively work safely in and around the rail corridor. Previously known as the Rail Industry Safety Induction (RISI).
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- TLIF0020 - Safely access the rail corridor
- Online e-Learning course: Estimated 3 to 4 hours
- Online e-Learning course. $219.00 pp.
- Start Now!
- QLD: Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. Eligible students can undertake this course at Save $219.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
Previously known as the Rail Industry Safety Induction (RISI), this nationally recognised course will provide participants with the knowledge, training and skills to effectively work safely in and around the rail corridor. The training will detail how to take appropriate safety precautions to access the danger zone, access the rail corridor and how to respond appropriately in an emergency. This course is for people who are going to be working in and around the rail corridor.
How does this course relate to the RIW Card?
The Rail Industry Worker (RIW) Card is issued to rail workers who hold a nominated list of competencies, which vary based on the rail network operator. This course (Safely Access the Rail Corridor) is a mandatory requirement for workers wishing to obtain a RIW Card for several rail network providers. We always recommend that when planning your proposed training, you speak to your proposed employer about their current training requirements.
We have outlined the requirements for RIW based on the rail network below:
If you do not hold a White Card - Construction Induction, you can do this with Pinnacle - click here.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- How to safely access and work in the rail corridor
- Recognising the danger zone
- How to identify and access a safe place
- Identifying the direction of approaching traffic
- Applying minimum sighting distances
- Maintaining situational awareness to identify potential risks
- Identifying and explaining the use of communication tools when working in the rail environment
- Identifying electrical safety hazards, risks and controls used in the rail corridor
- Identifying and reporting unsafe situations within the rail environment
- Undertaking work activities under local track protection rules in accordance with safe working rules, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Our online course was built from the ground up by industry experts. It is designed to be easy to use, easy to understand and interactive.
- Our course is heavily audio-based and participants will learn directly from an industry expert, just as if they were in a classroom.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, hear and write English
- Have a sound level of computer skills to navigate through the e-Learning course
- Have access to a suitable device to undertake the e-Learning. We recommend and support using a computer, preferably with the Chrome Browser. The device must be capable of playing audio and video. The use of mobile phones is not supported for this course.
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Mining Supervisor - G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3)
- Risk Facilitator - G2
- Mining Induction - Standard 11 Compliant
I come from a strong rail background and needed to undergo this course for the first time for employment purposes. Overall the course was well presented and structured. I would recommend to others wanting to do the course.
Lachlan C. - Sydney, NSWPublic Course Participant
I found the course was clear and easy to follow.