No region selected
White Card Training
Teaches participants how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
Funding is currently available for eligible members of the Queensland construction industry
|Location (Brisbane)||Start Date||Places Left|
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Tue, Jun 15, 2021 (12:30pm)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Tue, Jun 22, 2021 (12:30pm)||
2 Places LeftBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Wed, Jul 14, 2021 (12:30pm)||
Places AvailableBook Now
|Brisbane - Murarrie||Wed, Aug 04, 2021 (12:30pm)||
Places AvailableBook Now
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
Students will also receive a ‘White Card’ licence (QLD issued) which is nationally recognised throughout all states in Australia.
National unit of competency
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
Pinnacle Safety and Training is a WHSQ approved provider of the White Card.
- Face to face classroom training: 4 hours
- Morning, afternoon and evening sessions available
- $120.00 pp
- Funding is available for eligible members of the construction industry. If eligible, your course could be fully funded - save $120.00! Check your eligibility and apply now.
- Students who book Asbestos Removal training with Pinnacle are eligible to undertake White Card training for just $99.00 pp. Call our friendly Sales and Service team (1300 990 810) to take advantage of this offer.
Our white card construction induction training course is designed to train participants in how to carry out tasks safely whilst working in the construction industry.
The course teaches participants personal awareness of occupational health and safety legislative requirements, and the basic principles of risk management and prevention of injury and illness in the construction industry.
The unit relates directly to the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work (ASCC 2007).
State Recognition and Currency
In 2019, state regulators made changes to the way the White Card program is to be delivered in Australia. In Queensland, obtaining a White Card via online training is no longer permitted, and the course must be undertaken face-to-face in the classroom (certain exemptions for rural residents may apply).
White Cards issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training are accepted in all states and territories in Australia.
Organisations and businesses may have internal polices which require that White Cards be obtained through specific training organisations, or by specific methods of training delivery. If in doubt, ask your prospective employer.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Identifying relevant standards and legislation requirements related to working on a construction site
- Identifying construction hazards and control measures
- Identify ways to communicate risks and hazards to superiors and workers on site
- Applying basic risk management principles and assessment of construction work
- Identifying responsibilities and rights of workers and supervisors on site
- Applying safe work practices whilst working on construction sites
- We offer face to face training conducted by an experienced instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards and practices of occupational health and safety on a construction site. This includes practical hands-on training.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have access to three (3) matching evidence of identity documents. Please note that arriving without these documents will result in you being turned away from the course. See below for acceptable forms of evidence you will need to prepare before the course
- Have at least a Year 8 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
QLD face to face participants: Evidence of identity documents
WorkSafe Queensland require that participants must supply three matching original evidence of identity (EOI) documents.
- Click here to view document categories and types.
- These documents must be supplied to the trainer on the day of training. Failure to supply the required documents will result in exclusion from the course and rebooking fees will apply.
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- White Card Training
- Apply WHS Requirements, Policies and Procedures in the Construction Industry
- Mining Supervisor - G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1, S2, S3)
- Risk Facilitator - G2
- Mining Induction - Standard 11 Compliant
No technical difficulties. Very happy with the course contents.
Guy T. - Greenvale, VICDaly's Constructions
It was good - I worked at my own pace in between work shifts.