Conduct Fire Team Operations Training
Face to Face
Specialist training conducted on-site to prepare participants for fighting fires in a mine or infrastructural environment.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- RIIERR201D - Conduct fire team operations
- PMAWHS211 - Prepare equipment for emergency response
2 days on-site training (allow up to 10 hours per day and we MUST have access to your site’s fire tender and equipment)
- Not currently running public courses.
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
This course covers the conducting of fire team operations in the Resources and Infrastructure industries. It includes the planning and preparing for work, fighting or containing fires and finalising operations.
We are one of the few RTOs regularly running this course for clients and sites in Australia.
- Legislative and site rules
- Causes, characteristics, hazards and responses to the types of fire
- Site gases and characteristics
- Basic site geology and survey information related to fire operations
- Basic building structural information related to fire operations
- Fire fighting equipment
- Fire fighting techniques
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Basic teamwork
- Critical situation dynamics and control
- Communication and reporting procedures
- Initial response First Aid
- Training conducted on-site by one of our top-tier trainers with extensive firefighting and emergency response background
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for emergency response
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe, use all equipment as intended, and comply with relevant standards and legislation.
Each Trainee Must Provide
Please contact us to discuss equipment requirements.
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Generic Induction (GI) - Standard 11 Compliant
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Generic Induction (GI) Refresher
- Conduct Fire Team Operations Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- Drill Rig Rescue Training
- Section 44 Appointed Persons Training
Ashley was supportive of the team needs, he catered for all training levels and encouraged learning throughout the course by taking us all aside individually and running through whatever we needed extra help with or reminding on. We had a really informative and enjoyable 2 days.