Hazardous Areas Awareness
Face to Face
Aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments.
Areas where gases, vapours, mists and dusts occur in dangerous quantities are classified as hazardous areas. Therefore, precautions must be taken to ensure that when working in these areas you are adequately protected and trained, so as to reduce the likelihood of the ignition of an explosive atmosphere. People who carry out work in these areas require an understanding of the potential for ignition to occur, and appropriate control measures to ensure the safety of all personnel. Our Hazardous Areas Awareness training course addresses these issues.
This course is suitable for anyone working in a hazardous area, including cleaning staff, HSE staff, trade personnel and management.
Participants will receive a Statement of Attendance. This Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
One day (allow up to 8 hours)
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
- Identifying standards, codes of practices and legislation relating to hazardous areas
- Defining and identifying different hazardous area zones
- Defining hazardous area zones, including signage and classification layout drawings
- Defining conditions and sources of ignition
- Identifying properties of flammable materials
- Identifying equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Explaining the requirements for equipment that may produce arcs and sparks
- Identifying requirements for maintenance and installation works in hazardous areas
This Hazardous Areas Awareness course aims to train various personnel on the risk of operating in high-risk flammable and combustible environments. It will equip personnel with the skills to identify risks and implement suitable control measures to reduce the hazard to acceptable safe levels.
- We supply all equipment necessary for you to undertake training.
- Training conducted by experienced industry experts.
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Please contact us if you have any concerns about your level of language literacy or numeracy
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Generic Induction (GI) - Standard 11 Compliant
- Silica Awareness
- Hazardous Areas Awareness
- Generic Induction (GI) Refresher
- Conduct Fire Team Operations Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- Drill Rig Rescue Training
- Section 44 Appointed Persons Training
Tanya was an amazing trainer - her knowledge was outstanding on the subject matter. Tanya was patient and helpful with every student. Tanya made every student relaxed and supported them through the course, no matter how simple or complicated the question. Tanya is an absolute credit to your company. The [TAE Upgrade] programme itself was exactly as I expected and was fully in-line with industry.