No region selected
Section 44 Appointed Persons Training
Face to Face
This awareness course provides Appointed Persons with the necessary legislative understanding to perform their role for the safety and health of their workers, the company and themselves.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
This is a non-accredited training course. Students who complete this course will receive a Statement of Attendance. This certificate is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
- 2 hours (face-to-face training in the classroom)
- $199.00 pp for public courses.
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
This awareness course is for those employed in the WA mining and resources industry.
Under Section 44, ‘appointed persons’ play an essential safety role at mine sites by assisting the principal employer, manager or authorised person to meet their compliance obligations under the legislation.
Section 44 training covers all aspects of S44 of the Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994 including its relevance to the role and responsibilities of supervisors, company procedures and to other sections of the Act and the Mines Safety and Inspection Regulations 1995.
Section 44 training provides an appointed person with the required legislative understanding to perform their role for the safety and health of their workers, the company and themselves. This course provides knowledge of the principles and expertise needed for those seeking to be appointed persons.
- Overview of Health and Safety Legislative Framework
- Appointments and responsibilities under the Mines Safety and Inspection Act 1994
- Duty of care
- Risk management
- Workplace inspections
- Incident and accident reporting
- Training and supervision
- Emergency preparation
- Plant and substances
- Safety and health representatives
- Mines inspectors
- Training conducted by experienced Occupational Safety and Health Safety Specialist
Each Trainee Must Provide
For our public courses at our purpose built training facility trainees must provide:
- Appropriate clothing, closed-in footwear
Having done hundreds of training courses across numerous fields, Raymond would be one of the best trainers I have ever have the pleasure of learning from. This trainer is one of your best assets and I trust that you realise this. I have no hesitation in using your firm for all our training needs in the future and would like to have Raymond as the trainer where possible. Many thanks Raymond, keep up the excellent work!