No region selected
Face to Face
Covers the functions required to operate a forklift truck and (if competent) apply for a high risk work licence.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency:
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- Two days. The course is composed of one day theory and practical training, with all assessment taking place on the second day.
- Don’t pass your assessment on your first shot? Don’t worry: You can come back and be re-assessed at .
- $445.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Our forklift truck training covers the functions required to operate a forklift truck and (if competent) apply for a high risk work licence. This course is for beginners as well as experienced operators. Our experienced high risk work trainers work with participants to ensure they are confident and competent in operating a forklift truck.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Assessing hazards and planning the work
- Planning and setting up the forklift ready for operations
- Conducting risk assessment and implementing control measures
- Conducting routine checks of equipment
- Operating the forklift
- Maneuvering forklift around various routes
- Practicing different types of lifts and carrying various weights
- Calculating and determining load capacity
- Shutting down and securing the forklift.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Training conducted by an experienced high risk work licence operator with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Practical hands-on training
Each Trainee Must Provide
To successfully complete this certification, participants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Provide photographic and other forms of identification
- Arrive in suitable attire: Safety boots, long pants and high-vis shirt.
- Complete the pre-course study and assessment questions
- Be ready and willing to study, memorise and complete review questions at night in order to have the best chance of successfully completing the written assessment.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN)
- If English is your second language, you must advise us at time of booking. Contact our Sales and Service Team on 1300 990 810 to determine your eligibility to undertake this training. We will assist you in any way we can, but due to the demands of the assessment process, do not guarantee that every applicant will possess the level of LLN required for the assessment.
- You will require at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills. If you have any doubts, please let us know so we can assist you.
- The Regulator does not allow an interpreter to be used during the mandated formal assessment.
If you have any questions about the requirements of this course, please call us on 1300 990 810
I believe you will struggle to improve. The whole process from booking to assessment was very professional and effective. Will definitely recommend you guys and engage in future training. Thank you.
Gilmour C. - Gold Coast, QLDAustralian Valve Group
Michael did an excellent job facilitating the course. His excellent content knowledge and practical advice based on his experience contributed to making the course an exceptionally valuable experience. I would unreservedly recommend the course to those seeking a license or anyone seeking to refresh their knowledge and competencies.
Stephen T. - Brisbane, QLDPublic Course Participant
Recently completed my forklift licence at Pinnacle in Port Melbourne Our teacher Wayne did a great job with our class, very informative and answered all questions we had. Having limited knowledge of forklifts, by the end of the course I was confident in the practical and theory. The exam will require some study / homework so I would recommend to read over the training material provided prior to attending so you have a head start once it’s time for the exam. I would recommend Pinnacle to all and a big thanks again to Wayne and Pinnacle.