No region selected
Face to Face
Covers the functions required to operate a forklift truck and (if competent) apply for a high risk work licence.
|Location (WA)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Participants who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency:
- TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- Two days. The course is composed of one day theory and practical training, with all assessment taking place on the second day.
- Don’t pass your assessment on your first shot? Don’t worry: You can come back and be re-assessed at .
Our forklift truck training covers the functions required to operate a forklift truck and (if competent) apply for a high risk work licence. This course is for beginners as well as experienced operators. Our experienced high risk work trainers work with participants to ensure they are confident and competent in operating a forklift truck.
The key areas covered by this course include:
- Assessing hazards and planning the work
- Planning and setting up the forklift ready for operations
- Conducting risk assessment and implementing control measures
- Conducting routine checks of equipment
- Operating the forklift
- Maneuvering forklift around various routes
- Practicing different types of lifts and carrying various weights
- Calculating and determining load capacity
- Shutting down and securing the forklift.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Training conducted by an experienced high risk work licence operator with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Practical hands-on training
Each Trainee Must Provide
I have undertaken Forklift and Boom tickets with Pinnacle. Both times I was lucky enough to have Brad as the trainer. He is very knowledgeable, professional, detailed and clear in his training. Thanks again Brad and the Pinnacle team. We will be sending more staff to your courses.
Josh M. - Gold Coast, QLDScarchi & Boston
Recently completed my forklift licence at Pinnacle in Port Melbourne Our teacher Wayne did a great job with our class, very informative and answered all questions we had. Having limited knowledge of forklifts, by the end of the course I was confident in the practical and theory. The exam will require some study / homework so I would recommend to read over the training material provided prior to attending so you have a head start once it’s time for the exam. I would recommend Pinnacle to all and a big thanks again to Wayne and Pinnacle.
Ric F. - Melbourne, VICPublic Course Participant
I believe you will struggle to improve. The whole process from booking to assessment was very professional and effective. Will definitely recommend you guys and engage in future training. Thank you.