No region selected
Road Crash Rescue Training
Face to Face
Practical hands-on training for anyone who may be required to rescue a casualty involved in a road or industrial accident.
|Location (VIC)||Start Date||Places Left|
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- PUASAR024 - Undertake Road Crash Rescue
- PUASAR022 - Participate in a Rescue Operation
3 days on-site OR 3 days off-site at our purpose-built training facility.
- $1895.00 pp for public courses
- For group bookings outside our public course schedule or at your location, please submit your group booking enquiry here for an obligation free quote.
Our nationally recognised road crash rescue training course is designed for anyone who may be required to perform a rescue of trapped persons in motor vehicles, industrial settings or machinery in the workplace. This training course develops the skills of trainees to complete a complex extrication of a casualty involved in a road or industrial accident.
Various road accident rescue equipment can be covered depending on availability on site and the complexity of equipment at the site.
Capabilities and course subjects will be completely tailored to the requirements of the work site. Subjects covered will depend upon the types of capabilities requested. Following the training course, trainees shall be capable of responding to and controlling various motor vehicle, machinery and plant emergencies.
- Vehicle and machinery construction
- Road crash rescue hazards
- Road crash rescue equipment
- Road crash rescue team formation
- Vehicle stabilisation
- Car identification
- Heavy vehicle rescue techniques
- Airbags and battery isolation
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Rescue team ethos and ideals
- Patient handling
- Rapid casualty access
- Vehicle extrication (cutters, spreaders, rams, airbags etc.)
- Safety Officer and Team Leader roles and responsibilities
- This course has a 75% practical component. Practical scenarios will be devised from the above course modules and will be tailored to the requirements of the work site.
- Training conducted by an experienced emergency services instructor with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Practical hands-on training tailored to the requirements of the worksite
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for a particular workplace.
Participants must hold the following prerequisite unit:
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants, a long-sleeved shirt and steel capped boots
- Meet all prerequisite requirements for this course.
Please contact us to discuss your equipment requirements. We actively encourage you to bring along your own equipment.
- Road Crash Rescue Training
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Traffic Control - 1 day
- Traffic Management - 1 day
- Traffic Control and Management - 2 day
- Chain of Responsibility
This course was really well run and the involvement from the CS Energy emergency response team was definitely increased due to the way the trainers delivered the course.
Brady M. - Callide, QLDCS Energy Callide
Ashley was an awesome instructor. Great subject matter expertise, very supportive, and provided great (constructive) feedback during our practical training. The facilities and equipment were fantastic.
Marc N. - Brisbane, QLDForebode
The hands on practical component was excellent with three car bodies to practice on giving us plenty of training on extraction techniques. Ashley provided a great learning environment with plenty of real life examples delivered with a very good teaching style.