No region selected
Traffic Control - 1 day
Face to Face
Our Traffic Control course provides the required competency for persons involved in controlling traffic using a stop-slow bat, and is suitable for people working in a range of industries where traffic management is required.
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National unit of competency
- RIIWHS205E - Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat
- 1 day (8 hours)
- The course includes combination of theory and practical hands-on activities in a simulated work environment
This course will focus on minimising the risks associated with traffic movement; control traffic to enable drivers to negotiate through, past, or around an active work site safely. Participants will learn how to ensure directions given to traffic is consistent with the displayed traffic signals and maintain traffic control while minimising delays to traffic.
- Overview of OHS roles and responsibilities
- Site traffic management plans
- Hazard and risk management
- Principles of traffic controlling
- Working with road users
- Close down and clean up
- Training conducted by an experienced industry trainer with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Practical hands-on training
- All equipment provided
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Provide photo ID (eg passport, driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card)
- Wear safety boots
- Bring a bottle of water and hat/wet weather gear for outdoor practicals
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Road Crash Rescue Training
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Traffic Control - 1 day
- Traffic Management - 1 day
- Traffic Control and Management - 2 day
- Chain of Responsibility