No region selected
Traffic Control and Management - 2 day
Face to Face
Our 2 Day Traffic Control and Management course delivers the skills and knowledge required to control traffic with a stop-slow bat and to implement a traffic management plan in civil construction. This course is suitable for people working in a range of industries where traffic control and management is required.
|Location (SE QLD)
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- RIIWHS205E: Control Traffic with Stop-Slow Bat
- RIIWHS302E: Implement Traffic Management Plan
- 2 days (approx 8 hours per day)
- The course includes combination of theory and practical hands-on activities in a simulated work environment
Already hold Traffic Control? Book our Traffic Management - 1 Day course and save!
This course will focus on minimising the risks associated with traffic movement; control traffic to enable drivers to negotiate through, past, or around an active work site safely. Participants will learn how to ensure directions given to traffic is consistent with the displayed traffic signals and maintain traffic control while minimising delays to traffic.
Participants will also be taught how to prepare and carry out a traffic guidance scheme to manage the movement of vehicles around road disruptions.
- Overview of OHS roles and responsibilities
- Hazard and risk management
- Principles of traffic controlling
- Prepare and implement traffic management plans
- Working with road users
- Set up signage schemes
- Monitor traffic flow
- Close down and clean up
- Storage and maintenance of equipment
- Training conducted by an experienced industry trainer with strong knowledge of relevant legislation and Australian Standards
- Practical hands-on training
- All equipment provided
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Provide photo ID (eg passport, driver’s licence, proof of age card, student card)
- Wear safety boots
- Bring a bottle of water and hat/wet weather gear for outdoor practicals
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Road Crash Rescue Training
- Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- Traffic Control - 1 day
- Traffic Management - 1 day
- Traffic Control and Management - 2 day
- Chain of Responsibility
Chris Warren was a great teacher with traffic management, I feel ready to go into work. I learnt heaps!
Serena G. - Melbourne, VICPublic Course Participant
I really enjoyed my 2 day traffic management course. I learnt much more than expected, the staff are really informative and kind and I would definitely return to obtain more tickets from this provider. Thank you for your service.