No region selected
Tower Rescue Refresher
Face to Face
Allows those operators who have already completed our full two day program to refresh their skills in half the time.
|Location (Gold Coast)||Start Date||Places Left|
No dates for this region? Click here to see course dates in other centres near you.
For group bookings please call us on 1300 990 810.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Statement is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency (New units from 18 April 2018 onwards)
- RIIWHS204D - Work safely at heights
- ICTWHS203 - Work safely near power infrastructure
- ICTTCR203 - Use safe rigging practices to climb and perform rescues on telecommunications network structures
Effective 18 April 2018, Pinnacle introduced our redesigned, market-leading Tower Climbing and Rescue course. We removed the alignment to the Public Safety (PUA) units of competency, and realigned the course to the more appropriate Information and Communications Technology (ICT) units of competency listed above. This change was undertaken in response to industry consultation with our national telecommunications clients. The new units being issued against this course now represent the most appropriate national units to correctly measure skills whilst working and rescuing from tower structures. It has also allowed us to remove unnecessary content from the new course and allow for more practical skills to be taught and applied.
- $445.00 pp for public course
- For group or company bookings, please contact us for an obligation free quote.
Tower Climbing and Rescue Training is designed to enable trainees to work effectively on towers. Training is focused on:
- Methods of accessing the work position
- Using double hook lanyards
- Using fixed ropes or fixed ladders (on communications towers)
- Mobility at height
- Work positioning methods
- Abseiling techniques
- Rescue techniques (self-rescue and “pick-off” techniques)
Training is designed to be realistic and customised to suit your particular work situation (e.g. communications towers, energy transmission towers, or chair-lifts). This course is suitable for anyone who has the requirement to access towers or poles of any kind within their work.
- AS 1891.4 (overview) (contextualised to tower environments)
- WHS legislative requirements (overview)
- Ladder fall-arrest systems
- Work positioning systems
- PPE selection, use, basic maintenance
- Fall arrest systems
- Using double hook lanyards
- Installing solid and reliable anchorage
- Practical rescue
- Assessment activities (e.g. rescues) in tower context
- Training conducted by experienced Height Safety Specialist
- Knowledge on relevant legislation and Australian Standards for Working at Height
- Recommendations and advice for specialised PPE and equipment for your particular workplace
- Advice on risk control methods for the type of work at height to be undertaken
- Plenty of practical hands on training to ensure workers can be safe at height
- Refreshing the following core skills:
- Abseiling skills
- Ability to work hands-free at height (using pole strap)
- Best practice climbing with a double-hook lanyard
- Rescue of a stranded/injured worker (one-on-one pick-off rescue methodology)
- Assessment activity in tower context
Each Trainee Must Provide
- Have previously completed our full two-day Tower Climbing and Rescue program within the last 24 months
- Be actively applying working at heights skills in their course of work
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have at least a Year 10 level of numeracy, literacy and communication skills
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Arrive in suitable attire, including long pants and closed-in shoes.
- Certificate III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Tower Climbing & Rescue Training
- Tower Rescue Refresher
- Vertical Rescue
- Road Crash Rescue Training
- HAZMAT Response Training
- Confined Space Rescue
- Low Voltage Rescue and CPR Training
- Incident Commander / Controller
- Drill Rig Rescue Training
Was the best course I have done of this nature in 20 years! The teacher was very approachable, down to earth, firm but fair.
Lorne B. - Brisbane, QLDPro Rig
The training was great and the trainer actually took his job seriously. I’ve been through a fair few courses where the trainers don’t really give a crap about what they’re doing they just want to get in and out, but Daniel provided heaps of information and it was actually the most informative course I’ve ever done. Learnt a few new things as well which was good. Definitely would come back to you guys over other training organisations based on the delivery of the course from the trainer.