No region selected
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Online
Self-paced online program. A requirement for anyone wishing to pursue a career in training or assessing in Australia’s vocational education and training (VET) sector across a variety of industries.
Do your Cert IV TAE with Pinnacle one of two ways! Online, or face-to-face in one of our intensive face-to-face programs.
Students who are deemed competent will receive a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116), which is recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework. This certification is nationally recognised. The Qualification is issued by Pinnacle Safety and Training (RTO 40496).
National units of competency
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
- Online + Workplace Assessment or Virtual Classroom Assessment
- $1400.00 pp. Start now!
- Study at your own pace when it suits you
- You have 12 months to complete your qualification
- Motivated students may finish quickly
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) is a qualification which is highly valued by many employers and organisations. By obtaining this qualification you will develop the competencies necessary to perform the duties of a workplace and vocational trainer and assessor. Achievement of this qualification or an equivalent by trainers and assessors is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO). Students should be aware that this course focuses on delivering training within the VET (vocational education and training) environment. Students will also be able to apply this knowledge to a corporate industry training environment.
To be eligible to enrol into this course you need to demonstrate that you have skills and vocational experience in the field in which you wish to teach i.e. to teach ‘business’ qualifications you will need a business qualification (to at least the level you wish to teach), along with several years of relevant experience working in business. To teach ‘hairdressing’ you will need a qualification in hairdressing (to at least the level you wish to teach), along with several years of relevant experience working as a hairdresser.
Why choose the Pinnacle online TAE program?
Pinnacle offers the TAE in both face-to-face and online formats. The online formats are separated into two delivery modes:
- Self-paced - suits those individuals who prefer to study at their own pace over a longer timeframe.
- Virtual Classroom - a ‘Zoom’-style delivery format with live-trainer facilitated online training sessions undertaken in your home or workplace. Click here for further information.
What will I learn?
- Skills to become a Trainer and Assessor in the vocational education and training sector.
- Understanding and applying the ADDIE model of instructional design.
- Developing training sessions to engage your audience.
- Exploring and applying a vast array of facilitation techniques.
- Learning how to unpack a unit of competence.
- Understanding what competency based training is all about.
- Developing assessment tools against the principles of assessment and rules of evidence.
- An introduction to managing language literacy and numeracy whilst preparing for and conducting your training sessions.
Is it hard?
- This qualification will require you to manage your own time well, in order to drive your own learning journey.
- There are no shortcuts to success. Hard work and dedication over the length of your program is required.
- The length of your course is up to you, the more time you dedicate, the faster you can work through the content and assessment tasks.
- You will have access to highly skilled and motivated Trainers and Assessors who have been in the VET training and assessment environment for many years. They will offer you an interactive, engaging and supportive learning environment.
Where could I go with a Pinnacle TAE qualification?
Job roles associated with this qualification relate to the delivery of training and assessment of competence within the VET sector. Possible job titles and roles relevant to this qualification include:
- Enterprise trainer
- Enterprise assessor
- Registered training organisation (RTO) trainer
- RTO assessor
- Training adviser or training needs analyst
- Vocational education teacher.
TAEASS402 Assess competence (Module 6)
Students are required to conduct assessment on four vocational education and training students and conduct a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment on one vocational education and training student.
TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation (Module 7)
Students are required to participate in three validation sessions with at least two panel representatives.
TADEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning (Module 10)
Students are required to deliver three group training sessions to a minimum of eight participants. Two of these sessions are to be consecutive sessions with being at least 40 minutes in duration.
Virtual classrooms are an innovative way to enable online students to attend facilitated assessment sessions with other students studying the same subject. Students are able to demonstrate their competence in “Assess competence”, “Participate in assessment validation” and “Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning” modules in a facilitated session with an experienced and skilled Trainer and Assessor.
- Access to digital learning guides for each of the units which you will study as part of your qualification
- Access to online discussion forums to interact with other learners
- Access to regularly scheduled Virtual Classroom workshops
- Support from our experienced trainers as you progress
- Freedom to study at your own pace when it suits you
- 12 months to complete your qualification
- We offer the option to seamlessly upgrade to our face-to-face program at any time
- Download the Cert IV TAE40116 Online Course Guide for more information (Note: this guide applies to the online course only, not our face-to-face classroom course)
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Complete the mandatory Pre-Course Survey
- Demonstrate that you have skills and vocational experience in the field in which you wish to teach e.g. to teach ‘hairdressing’ you will need a qualification in hairdressing (to at least the level you wish to teach), or be able to demonstrate via resume and professional references that you have relevant experience working as a hairdresser.
- Use your own computer, which meets the minimum System Requirements of Pinnacle’s e-Learning system (we officially support and recommend modern desktop or laptop computers running Google Chrome web browser). You must have a stable internet connection. Your computer must be able to play sound. Due to the research and assignment components of this course, other personal devices (e.g. phones and tablets) are not supported.
- If you are participating in Virtual Classrooms, your device must have a working webcam, and for audio, headphones (or headset) with a microphone (such as those supplied with mobile phones) are , even for laptop computers. Additional terms and conditions apply to those participants who elect to participate in Virtual Classrooms. These will be made available at time of booking these sessions and can be reviewed here.
The above prerequisites must be completed and provided no later than after your enrolment in the course.
To be successful in this course you need to:
- Have a strong level of computer literacy skills. Your assignments will be conducted on a computer, and if you do not have a suitable level of computer experience, you will not be able to complete the course in the timeframe allotted.
- Be confident navigating with web browsers.
- Have the skills to compile electronic documents using software applications (word processing).
- Be able to conduct research and present information.
- Have the ability to:
- Read and comprehend information from a variety of sources
- Communicate effectively with people at all organisational levels
- Facilitate team discussions, make presentations and participate in meetings
- Issue instructions in an authoritative manner during unusual circumstances
- Carry out simple calculations and analyse data
- Build relationships with stakeholders (both internal and external to an organisation)
- Be confident in presenting information verbally
- If English is a second language, you will need to complete a language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) questionnaire. Contact us to discuss.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Full Course
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) - Online
- Presentation Days for TAE40116
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Enterprise Trainer and Assessor Skill Set
I wanted to thank Ant for his time and enthusiasm in teaching the course. It is plain to see that he is very passionate about the content and genuinely believes that this is the best way to keep people safe in the workplace and even at home. Also, his experience gained from his previous occupations really shines through when queried about real world scenarios. I enjoyed the course, and I believe the other attendees did also. I had to leave early, and Ant went out of his way to catch up with me before flying out the next day to help me complete the course. Cannot thank him enough for that.